Anyone have joe rocket pants?

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
looking for anyone who has joe rocket textile or mesh pants, i want some to go with my JR textile jacket. i was just wondering about fit and comfort.

BigJoeG

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the JR Alter Ego Jacket/Pants combo. The pants have been very good. I have no complaints at all. They do tend to run a little small. I would reccomend getting one size bigger than whatever you wear in sweat pants or other athletic/hiking pants.

Two other guys at work bought the same set after seeing mine. They like them as well.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Ballistic 5.0 pants. Fit is great, comfort is great, for me the price was great as well. $79.00 at my local dealer on closeout...

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the JR Alter Ego Jacket/Pants combo. The pants have been very good. I have no complaints at all. They do tend to run a little small. I would reccomend getting one size bigger than whatever you wear in sweat pants or other athletic/hiking pants.

Two other guys at work bought the same set after seeing mine. They like them as well.

+1 on going a little bigger. I have the Joe Rocket Atomic textile pants, wear them as overpants. Go +1 on size if you want to go the same route.

The pants are great, well padded in hips, knees and arse, zipper sections off to leave only mesh so they're not hot. Bought them thru NewEnough, received the wrong pads originally, but NE stepped up immediately. .

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Alter Ego pants...I like them a lot....nice vents. Get one size larger than you need for sure. I always wear jeans under the pants...sometime fleece lined jeans, so the xtra room is appreciated.

My only complaint is that they have a different back attachment zipper size than my jacket has.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I will never buy anything that's made by Joe Rocket ever again.

First, my mesh gloves only lasted maybe six months. Started to tear around the seams and also started to get holes from the cheap leather that simply wore out.

Then my rain gear, the coat has fallen apart around my collar after just a few rides. I doesn't rain very much here in Vegas, so the thing has to be really cheap!

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
Bought my Joe Rocket Alter Ego Pants and Jacket in 2007 ... I use them a good bit and LIKE THEM ALOT.

They have proven durable and fit nice with the added ability to be flexible as to the mesh and heat.:thumbup::thumbup:

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
I will never buy anything that's made by Joe Rocket ever again.

First, my mesh gloves only lasted maybe six months. Started to tear around the seams and also started to get holes from the cheap leather that simply wore out.

Then my rain gear, the coat has fallen apart around my collar after just a few rides. I doesn't rain very much here in Vegas, so the thing has to be really cheap!

I'm with you VEGAS!!!
I hate Joe Rocket!! I wasn't going to post a rant :rant: here because I didn't want to poop on the OP's thread. But you did :)D) , so here goes:
My Joe Rocket leather jacket zipper broke. I was so pissed. I paid $200 for that thing. That used to be a lot of money! I hadn't used that jacket for more than a year. Also the seams in the shoulder are separating. What a POS.
I have some Joe Rocket gloves too. They are fraying and the leather is getting worn. I had those for a year too.

I have a personal ban on Joe Rocket. Call me petty or fickle, but I'll never buy their crap again. YOU SUCK, JOE ROCKET! DO YOU HEAR ME!!?? :mad:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Atomic pants that I use as over pants for commuting to work. They're not well-made, the stitching is coming apart and one of the plastic latch buckles broke. They are about 1 year old...disappointing. Junk!

I do have a Joe Rocket RKT101 carbon-fiber helmet that is very nice. But HJC makes the helmet, not JR.

All my other gear is Alpinestars which is holding up wonderfully.

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
I had full JR gear but found like others, the quality is down. They are a mass producer, and very cost effective initially, but they wear out quick. Switched all my stuff over to Teknic, and for the same price lasts way longer. I do have a pair of JR ballistic 7.0 pants that I haven't even worn, and they are starting to fall apart in my closet.

FeMan

Reaction score
Visit site
I have Alter Ego jacket and pants and love 'em. The adjustable velcro cuffs are losing their cling but otherwise it's good. I like the versatility of the removable outer shell and mesh inside.

Sprocket

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the JR Alter Ego pants.
Pros
- Good ventilation

Negs
- quality, came new with hole in pocket
- weak hip padding
- fabric used does not seem that abrasion resistant next to Cordura
- mesh in seat sacrifices abrasion protection
- cold in cold weather as no insulating liner

Since I purchased these I've seen the Olympia vented overpants pants which seem to be of a higher quality and better fit for only a few dollars more. Would have bought these instead if I knew about them.

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
thanx guys, i'm second thinking JR, i've had my jacket for 3 years so i think it might be time for a jacket anyway my try changing brands

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
I rock the Alter Ego pants everytime I ride.
love em, but I doubt they provide that much protection. Better than just shorts or jeans, but they dont seem like they will hold up all that long in a slide.

good ventilation, however with the side zippers open they are pretty much pointless to even wear. wish the zipper was on the inside.

side zipper makes it VERY easy to put on over any pant or riding boot, although they can be finicky while zipping.

great windprotection, quite comfortable and the zip-in rain liner works very good; also good for locking in heat

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
i'm looking into fieldshearer gear right now, i might just keep my JR jacket for back and forth to work and get a set of the other pants and matching jacket

Sprocket

Reaction score
Visit site
I've owned JR ballistic 7 jacket and alter ego pants, an olympia jacket and Rev'It pants. A good friend has owned tourmaster and Icon gear. I have to say in order of quality I would rank Tourmaster at the bottom, then JR and Icon, then Scorpion, then Olympia and Rev'It at the top. My Olympia AST jacket and Rev'It pants have been the best performing gear I've owned. Olympia seems to have the best quality&designs/$$ (best value) where the higher end Rev'It gear is the best but not nessarily the best value. The thing I love about my Olympia gear is it is well designed and they don't cut corners. They use Dupont Cordura 500D on the body, 2000D on the wear spots, which is the best textile for abrasion protection, good quality armor and hardware, where cheaper brands use cheaper materials. Also Olympia and Revit sell their pants by waist size like jeans, where others just have small, med, large, so you get a more accurate fit and the armor does not shift as much. Olympia pants are designed to be hemmed to length. Rev'It pants come it 3 lengths per waist size. Note with textiles only 1000D and up Cordura (or equiv) has the same abrasion rating as competion grade leather so look for gear that has reinforced shoulders, knees, forearms, etc.

Last edited:

Knabel

Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if Joe Rocket had some issues and fixed them...or still has issues and I got lucky??

I have the Phoenix jacket. Bought it last July and wear it a lot. Also bought the Phoenix pants. Don't wear the pants as much.

I have a thing for smells. If it has a slight foul scent I hang it on a kitchen chair overnight. If it's still there the next eve it's going in the washer. I have washed the jacket at least a half dozen times...and put it in the drier too. Pants get were only washed a couple times.

Both look like new. Zero signs of wear.

Who knows, maybe I got lucky with my Joe Rocket stuff??
Maybe they fixed their quality issues??

Thoughts?