Anyone else upgrading to an fz8??!!?!!

bigolkep

Reaction score
Visit site
I couldnt help myself fellas...That 8 is the new 6! I sold my FZ6 last night :( The guy picked it up in the snow...HOWEVER, I bought the bike just 2 years ago for $3500 with 3k on it and sold it for $3000 with 10k on it! Put my money down on a brand new 8 and i pick it up on tue!

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't say that's a bad decision - the 8 looks pretty sweet.

I have no intention of upgrading to it though. When I get a new/additional bike it'll be something very different from the 6.

fureinku

Reaction score
Visit site
id like an fz8, altough the low rpms has me considerin an italian vtwin.. maybe an aprilia tuono.. i also like the new speed triple

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i sat on a fz1 and a fz8 at the motorcycle show this spring, they were side by side. the fz8 felt a little more narrow, i guess it was the seat which made it a little more comfy i thought. i liked the kawasaki z1000 and the super tenere the best at the show.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Speaking of new bikes, the Ninja 1000 has my attention right now. Sat on this bike at the NYC bike show. Felt really nice. I am impressed with this one. After sitting on both the FZ1 and the Ninja 1000 I thought the Ninja 1000 was way more comfortable.. everything the bars, seat and looks nicer too. Just my .02.

Congrats on the new 8 btw, to the OP

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
The fz8 makes the most sense real world over a liter bike. Though my vote goes to the cb 1000r. What a mean ass naked honda has.

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
Apart from running costs, tyres, fuel, etc, theres also insurance. For me in Australia Insurance on a 2010 FZ6S is $432, FZ8S $528, and FZ1S $675. All adds up I suppose.

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
Today I rode the FZ8 fazer without abs. I'll post some of my findings:
-The power: unbelievable that it has so much power in low rpm's. This is actually the biggest difference with the fz6.
-Brakes: feels the same as the fz6
-Handling: I think it is a bit easier to flip it over from the one side to the other, but for the rest I think the sporty potential is about equal.
-Seating position: It feels different, but it's really comfy, I think you won't have as quick seatpain as with the fz6
-There was one thing that I didn't like: the gear selectorpedal is too short. I compared it with the fz6's and the fz6 indeed has a longer one. I think the gearbox itself is better than the fz6. It shifts smoother.

I think it is really a down to earth bike for the street. I can't really imagine a better combination for the street. This is the perfect commuter bike, certainly the abs-version. But I like my fz6 more. Why? Well because it has it bit more character. It has that high reving aspect which I like. :)

Philippe1985

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I'll have to change my opinion now. I had an accident one week ago. I came into a corner and a car coming from the other direction suddenly turned left. So I braked hard in the corner=>bike sled away and crashed into the car. I've hit the car with my back, but I always use my dainese back protector which probably saved my ability to walk...The back protector is completely bend in and out so...We are a week later now, and the pain in my back is almost away. But the first day I wasn't even able to stretch my leg or bend my neck..
So I will heal completely. But back to the bike: It is completely lost. So when the insurance-thing will be taken care of, I'll have to start looking for a new bike. I might take the fz8 as a replacement bike then. But I'm really doubting about if it should be faired or not. But I certainly will take one with abs. Opinions about faired vs non-faired are always welcome. :)
Thanks.

Last edited:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry about the crash, glad your gear did it's job. ABS rocks, I have on my FJR and love it, sucks we can't get it here in the states on the 6,8 or 1.

Faring is nice for long rides to help with all the wind but it is warmer to ride in the summer. Good luck, let us know what you buy

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I'll have to change my opinion now. I had an accident one week ago. I came into a corner and a car coming from the other direction suddenly turned left. So I braked hard in the corner=>bike sled away and crashed into the car. I've hit the car with my back, but I always use my dainese back protector which probably saved my ability to walk...The back protector is completely bend in and out so...We are a week later now, and the pain in my back is almost away. But the first day I wasn't even able to stretch my leg or bend my neck..
So I will heal completely. But back to the bike: It is completely lost. So when the insurance-thing will be taken care of, I'll have to start looking for a new bike. I might take the fz8 as a replacement bike then. But I'm really doubting about if it should be faired or not. But I certainly will take one with abs. Opinions about faired vs non-faired are always welcome. :)
Thanks.

damn dude!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:
i hope you heal up fine!!

joe1971

Reaction score
Visit site
My list for my next bike goes like this

1. Aprillia Tuono

2. FJR1300

3. FZ1

4. Aprillia Tuono v4 (not sure I even want anything to do with that bike though, it's supposed to be pretty intense)

Giving up the FZ for any of them is not an option though, What would my daughter ride when she moves up from a 250 if I ever got rid of it ;)