any Solano, Marin, Sonoma, Napa FZ6 Riders here?

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
I know for sure there's a lot of FZ6 Riders in these areas. Experienced or not (like me), maybe we should all have a meet up, just to get acquainted and maybe do some rides or tours. Maybe build up our own casual group. Maybe, who's in?
Well, as soon as the weather clears up...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I know for sure there's a lot of FZ6 Riders in these areas. Experienced or not (like me), maybe we should all have a meet up, just to get acquainted and maybe do some rides or tours. Maybe build up our own casual group. Maybe, who's in?
Well, as soon as the weather clears up...

There has to be peeps in your area! There all bangin there heads at work right now.
I don't remember Welcoming you to the site so :welcome:!!!

I bet someone will pop out of the woodwork.
There's a ride coming up this summer for sure. Do a search and you should find the post. Got it: http://www.600riders.com/forum/im-going-ride-you-comin/35489-norcal-socal-ride-2011-a-4.html
Last summer NorCal peeps came down here SoCal to do a ride. I missed it cuz I was bikeless at the time.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't live there but used to go on business trips there all the time, what a gorgeous place to ride! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the fourm! :welcome:
There's a few of us here in the Bay Area that have an informal group...
Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum - Nor Cal
Join our group and hopefully we'll be able to become a little more active for get togethers and rides as the weather warms up.
The SoCal group is really active and it'd be nice if we could do the same this year.
I want to do a ride up in the North Bay for sure. :thumbup:

P.S. we had an absolute blast last year when we went down to SoCal and went riding with those boys. We're doing it again this year the weekend of July 16th. Hopefully you can join us.

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't live there but used to go on business trips there all the time, what a gorgeous place to ride! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ditto. A trip to the bay area without a trip to the other side of the Golden Gate is just a trip to the city. I've never biked up there but always wanted to.

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
Redhawk, I'm in the area.

Have you biked to all those colored states on the map in your avatar?

No, all of those states that are colored were all "Road Trips" on my Truck or wifeys truck. I just recently got my bike like Feb. 22, 2011. So, it's still in the break-in period.
After going & seeing all those places (States & Cities), I can now make a plan of which places I want to go back to, but next time on a motorcycle.

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
Redhawk, I'm in the area.

Have you biked to all those colored states on the map in your avatar?

Wow, I'm very impressed with your riding skills...I won't be able to keep up with you if we do a road trip, you'll get bored.
You're a very well experienced rider... and I know you worked hard to get to that point...

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site

California is a very beautiful place to ride, of course we also have traffic & congestion in alot of places here. You'll just have to know where and what day & time your going to ride. Like anywhere else there's also drivers here who are always on the phone texting.

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the fourm! :welcome:
There's a few of us here in the Bay Area that have an informal group...
Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum - Nor Cal
Join our group and hopefully we'll be able to become a little more active for get togethers and rides as the weather warms up.
The SoCal group is really active and it'd be nice if we could do the same this year.
I want to do a ride up in the North Bay for sure. :thumbup:

P.S. we had an absolute blast last year when we went down to SoCal and went riding with those boys. We're doing it again this year the weekend of July 16th. Hopefully you can join us.

Thanks Lefty....North Bay is nice. Where are you planning to go?

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
REDHAWK--I'm not too far. With weather starting to really nice up soon, I'll be game for something week end'ish. And oh, that July 16, 2-3 day ride from NorCal to meet up with SoCal FZ6-Forum riders---I plan on making that!

wrlomas

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello there, my name is Rob and I am in Santa Rosa near Calistoga road. I am always up for a ride. Bodega to Jenner is my favourite so far. Bought my bike last summer and have 5k miles mostly in Sonoma so far.

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello there, my name is Rob and I am in Santa Rosa near Calistoga road. I am always up for a ride. Bodega to Jenner is my favourite so far. Bought my bike last summer and have 5k miles mostly in Sonoma so far.

I would love to ride in a group or another rider, but I'm worried about my lack of experienced that the other rider/riders will get bored with my laid back riding style, (Cruise). I must say, I'm more of a touring rider.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I'm up for anything up in your part of the woods. And don't worry about the pace, I'm a firm believer in everyone riding at their own pace. I'll adjust my pace slower if that's what the group is riding. And if I'm riding with DefyInertia I still ride at my own speed and catch up with him when he stops to wait for me. :BLAA:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, I'm very impressed with your riding skills...I won't be able to keep up with you if we do a road trip, you'll get bored.
You're a very well experienced rider... and I know you worked hard to get to that point...

Thanks. Not sure where you got that idea...? I'm not that far out of the n00b phase myself. :thumbup:

I would love to ride in a group or another rider, but I'm worried about my lack of experienced that the other rider/riders will get bored with my laid back riding style, (Cruise). I must say, I'm more of a touring rider.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. You just have to ride your own ride and be clear with everyone about the pace you intend to ride prior to planning a ride. Group rides usually include some indication of the intended pace and there is always room for some variety within a group.

You can also check out the local forms (bayarearidersforum and southbayriders) for lots of local group rides, beginner to expert and everything in between.

Most importantly though...ride your own ride.