Another Introduction

mikelb63

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've been snooping around on the forum for the past couple of weeks and thought it was past time I introduced myself. I bought a 06 blue fz6 bike a couple of weeks ago from a former co-worker. It should end up in my garage sometime early next week.

*sigh* it's my first bike. I can't even finish getting my license until the end of april (it's a four stage license out here).

I'm 25 year old Software Developer / slum landlord from Winnipeg, Canada.

There's so much good content and advice here - it's been great so far!

-mike

Hey guys,

I've been snooping around on the forum for the past couple of weeks and thought it was past time I introduced myself. I bought a 06 blue fz6 bike a couple of weeks ago from a former co-worker. It should end up in my garage sometime early next week.

*sigh* it's my first bike. I can't even finish getting my license until the end of april (it's a four stage license out here).

-mike
Welcome mate, Did you say you were a slum landlord? Good luck with the test.

Welcome to the family & congrats on the bike. It's about time you introduce yourself. :D :thumbup:

Welcome!!! You clearly picked the best color!

Good luck on the test and be careful! Drive like you're invisible!

Hey welcome, you find this a great place to hang out. Too bad about the licence thing. Oh well...

Oh yeah, nice color!

Hey welcome, you find this a great place to hang out. Too bad about the licence thing. Oh well...

Oh yeah, nice color!

OK, wait just a minute here.... We're supposed to have a license?????? Man I knew there was something I was missing. Oh well.....

Hey welcome to the forum 63.........

Welcome mate, Did you say you were a slum landlord? Good luck with the test.

Yeah. I've got several duplex's in the rougher part of town. Apparently I have a warped sense of humor because for the most part I find it pretty amusing. There never seems to be an end to the stories! Even though it can be a lot of work, it's pretty nice having other people buying your toys for you :)

Welcome Mike! Glad to have you aboard. :thumbup:

They don't have a 4 part license thing here in Alberta. Didn't know other provinces were different. I guess I should get out more. LOL

here you do a written test to get permission to take a safety course. Once you pass the safety course you get your learners which has some nice restrictions on it. Once you've been in your learners for over 9 months you can take the road test which puts you in "intermediate". After 15 months in the intermediate you can get your "full" license - which isn't actually a "full" license until you've had it for three years.

It's a pain; but probably a good thing.

welcome to the forum! great choice of color. after snooping around do you have any mods on the list?

Nope - no mods. It's stock - and in showroom condition. The original owner bought it at the start of 07 when they were clearing out the 06's. He put 3500km on it and then bought himself a hayabusa, so he wanted to unload his fz6. :)

Nope - no mods. It's stock - and in showroom condition. The original owner bought it at the start of 07 when they were clearing out the 06's. He put 3500km on it and then bought himself a hayabusa, so he wanted to unload his fz6. :)

I meant what mods do you have in mind for it?

fz6 to hayabusa = deathwish? hates comfort? wants to say "I have a Hayabusa"? I don't get it.:eek:

Hey guys,

-mike

Glad you are here Mike.

I just joined a couple of weeks ago, the day after I bought my bike, and I must say this is the nicest forum that I have found for any bike/car/truck/suv.

Crazy about your license there....sounds like they are trying to teach you patience. :)

Safe riding

Ben

Hey Mike - welcome to the forum! I thought BC's 3-stage licensing was bad... geez. Good choice of bike though! (although everyone knows the red ones are a tiny bit faster) ;-)

Back