Another Introduction

mikelb63

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've been snooping around on the forum for the past couple of weeks and thought it was past time I introduced myself. I bought a 06 blue fz6 bike a couple of weeks ago from a former co-worker. It should end up in my garage sometime early next week.

*sigh* it's my first bike. I can't even finish getting my license until the end of april (it's a four stage license out here).

I'm 25 year old Software Developer / slum landlord from Winnipeg, Canada.

There's so much good content and advice here - it's been great so far!

-mike

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've been snooping around on the forum for the past couple of weeks and thought it was past time I introduced myself. I bought a 06 blue fz6 bike a couple of weeks ago from a former co-worker. It should end up in my garage sometime early next week.

*sigh* it's my first bike. I can't even finish getting my license until the end of april (it's a four stage license out here).

-mike
Welcome mate, Did you say you were a slum landlord? Good luck with the test.

J

jsteinb95

Welcome to the family & congrats on the bike. It's about time you introduce yourself. :D :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome!!! You clearly picked the best color!

Good luck on the test and be careful! Drive like you're invisible!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey welcome, you find this a great place to hang out. Too bad about the licence thing. Oh well...

Oh yeah, nice color!

H

HavBlue

Hey welcome, you find this a great place to hang out. Too bad about the licence thing. Oh well...

Oh yeah, nice color!

OK, wait just a minute here.... We're supposed to have a license?????? Man I knew there was something I was missing. Oh well.....

Hey welcome to the forum 63.........

mikelb63

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome mate, Did you say you were a slum landlord? Good luck with the test.

Yeah. I've got several duplex's in the rougher part of town. Apparently I have a warped sense of humor because for the most part I find it pretty amusing. There never seems to be an end to the stories! Even though it can be a lot of work, it's pretty nice having other people buying your toys for you :)

mikelb63

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Mike! Glad to have you aboard. :thumbup:

They don't have a 4 part license thing here in Alberta. Didn't know other provinces were different. I guess I should get out more. LOL

here you do a written test to get permission to take a safety course. Once you pass the safety course you get your learners which has some nice restrictions on it. Once you've been in your learners for over 9 months you can take the road test which puts you in "intermediate". After 15 months in the intermediate you can get your "full" license - which isn't actually a "full" license until you've had it for three years.

It's a pain; but probably a good thing.

mikelb63

Reaction score
Visit site
welcome to the forum! great choice of color. after snooping around do you have any mods on the list?

Nope - no mods. It's stock - and in showroom condition. The original owner bought it at the start of 07 when they were clearing out the 06's. He put 3500km on it and then bought himself a hayabusa, so he wanted to unload his fz6. :)

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Nope - no mods. It's stock - and in showroom condition. The original owner bought it at the start of 07 when they were clearing out the 06's. He put 3500km on it and then bought himself a hayabusa, so he wanted to unload his fz6. :)

I meant what mods do you have in mind for it?

fz6 to hayabusa = deathwish? hates comfort? wants to say "I have a Hayabusa"? I don't get it.:eek:

PrayHarder

Keep on driving !
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

-mike

Glad you are here Mike.

I just joined a couple of weeks ago, the day after I bought my bike, and I must say this is the nicest forum that I have found for any bike/car/truck/suv.

Crazy about your license there....sounds like they are trying to teach you patience. :)

Safe riding

Ben

Whirlygirl

Elite Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Mike - welcome to the forum! I thought BC's 3-stage licensing was bad... geez. Good choice of bike though! (although everyone knows the red ones are a tiny bit faster) ;-)