Am I the only one ....

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Who every once in a while gets on the bike and is amazed how much better than normal she runs?
Everything just seems a bit smoother on these runs, - the gears don't clonk,- they click, the revs sounds and feels way more powerful, and changes in throttle just flows .....

It sure puts a smile on my face every time I get one of these rides, - but it also makes me wonna stay on the bike until it runs dry, - which sadly is not always an option :)

Maybe it's just in my mind, - but the experience seem physical enough .....

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
In comparison to my car and the other bike I owned? Absolutely. Its like the planets align. Maybe my other bike and my car are just crappy, unreliable vehicles and that my fz is brand spankin new.

But when i get on her, something in me just clicks and everything seems and feels to run smoother, in my brain and my bike.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
I imagine atmospheric changes must have some effect on the bike. Since the ECU reads so many variables and adjusts for them, it should provide a noticeable change.
Same goes for the road conditions. Certain tire compounds work better on pavement of different temps. Your tire pressure also reacts to road temps.
Then again, it could all just be in your head!

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The only time I get this feeling is when I take my bike to Cape Town in December. I load it on a trailer and drive for 13-odd hours, offload it and have a drink and relax. Now I am at sea level, so when I start the bike the next morning I have about a 20% increase in power over where I live, which is 1,694m (5,557ft) above sea level. For ten days I have this Fazer on steroids, it is wonderful!

Got-boost?

Reaction score
Visit site
My FZs' yes, my V-max not so much right now, having a fuel issue due to a switch or relay. I have not tracked it down as of yet.

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Nope I agree, there are definitely those days when the Fizzer stars align and everything is perfect. :cheer: Contrary to that are the days when you get clunky and everybody seems to be on their cell phone drifting into your lane and it comes time for a 2bros wake up call...:spank:

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree but I also think it's mostly (maybe entirely) in my head - on those days not only does it run better but it feels smaller and more nimble too.

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely. Most noticeably for me is sometimes it becomes SUPER flickable.
as if I dont even need to touch the bars, just think about leaning and over itll go. Other times im fighting the bars to countersteer and drop the shoulder.

FZyLarry

No power slides for me
Reaction score
Visit site
I have certainly noticed this but I attribute most of it to me. Some days the old hand eye coordination things is better than others. On the really good days you can almost do magic tricks...

JD6

Reaction score
Visit site
Truly a great feeling. I get it almost every time my ass touches the seat. Too caffinated for Thai Chi, or meditation. Long stretches of uncongested countryside, and long forgiving turns wash away the daily grind in a carbon monoxide wake. Nothing sets my mind as free as riding.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Heck yes. Happens one or two days a month. It starts out that the 1st - 2nd shift is so smooth that I think I must have missed and am in neutral. I look down and don't see a green "N" on the tach. I know it's going to be one of those rides and take care to enjoy every minute of that ride until it's done. Love those days...