Am I the Oldest?

vkray

Reaction score
Visit site
I started riding agian at 64 I have had five bikes since then, amd the fz6 has them all beat.............04 250 Honda Rebel, 05 Honda Shadow 750, 07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom, 04 Victory Kingpin. I hope I can ride until im 90+:cheer::cheer::cheer:
Oh I forgot the Kawasaki Concours 99

Old Fart

Reaction score
Visit site
I am 67. Just got back from Barber Motorsport Park. 400 mi to get there and 200 to come home. Great weekend and really great racing. Josh Hayes Yamaha mounted won the superbike championship.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am 67. Just got back from Barber Motorsport Park. 400 mi to get there and 200 to come home. Great weekend and really great racing. Josh Hayes Yamaha mounted won the superbike championship.

And here I was calling those other guys Old Fart. You're the the real Old Fart! :rof::rof::rof:

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I got you all beat I will be 67 next month!! ...... I started riding agian at 64 I have had five bikes since then, amd the fz6 has them all beat.............04 250 Honda Rebel, 05 Honda Shadow 750, 07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom, 04 Victory Kingpin. I hope I can ride until im 90+:cheer::cheer::cheer:
Oh I forgot the Kawasaki Concours 99

5 bikes in 3 years??????????

You are quickly becoming my hero....:rockon:

RWBuente

Reaction score
Visit site
Started riding in 1965. Just turned 60 on 9-4-10. still get a big smile when I get a chance to open it up and hear her scream. Never get tired of the speed and power of a motorcycle.

ice

Reaction score
Visit site
Have ridden most of my life.
Turned 60 my last birthday.
I do, and still love to ride.
I`m having fun with the FZ6.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I need to update my age as I just turned 65:rockon:

Jerry

I rode behind Jerry on the NorCal/SoCal ride in August. I had a hard time keeping up with him and when he took of his helmet and I realized he was 9 years older than me, I had my new hero. You rock Jerry! :rockon:

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
All of you guys older than me on this post are my heroes. And I'm not that far behind most of you! It's meaningless to post my age now. Suffice it to say I'll never catch a few of you on this post....and there are some that will never catch me. Especially if my tires are new-HA! :rockon:

Al Theman

Reaction score
Visit site
Unfortunately I might be the oldest at 71, I am certainly a certified old fart! Started riding in 'LimeyLand' 54 years ago on a BSA 350cc. Then after a hiatus of about 50 years re-started riding again three years ago. I attended the Seattle MSF course which I thought was great, then got a license endorsement and bought a Virago 250cc and rode it for about a year. Next a Suzuki 650cc single cylinder which rattled my old bones for a while until swapped for a Kawasaki Ninja 500cc which I enjoyed riding. This year I sold that and decided I wanted FI so bought a Kawasaki Ninja 650R in February, which I still have and three months later the Blue FZ6(S2) which I think is just a great bike. I generally only ride in dry weather which can be elusive in the Pacific Northwest but so far have 2500m on the Ninja and about 1700m on the FZ6. Obviously at my age I wear ATGATT and I haven't been faster than 105 mph on the Fizzer as the law seems pretty observant round here.
The available information on this forum is fantastic, keep up the good work you-all. :thumbup:
Al.

Woe257

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm 49 and this is my second recent "sportbike". I prefer the FZ6 and it fits my style a little more and I can push it hard when I want. I came from dirts, cruisers, and touring bikes, the last two I still have. I moved to the sportbikes from these. I have yet to do the sport tourer...

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you are in your 40s, there is no need to post on this thread. It is only for the "older" members. 40 is still young (am I giving away too much :eek: ;))

FZ6Hot

FZ6Hot
Reaction score
Visit site
Just turning 62. Started riding 80cc bikes in my teens. I find I keep learning to ride faster as I get older. So there is hope young folks, you do no have to slow done as you get older. My younger riding associates are all telling me to get a race bike.