Am I Good....

nksmfamjp

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up the Purolator Pure One PL14610 oil filter and a gal of Shell Rotella T6 full synthetic oil. Am I setup with the ultimate engine saving super lube system?!

Since this stuff was published a couple of years ago, have people had issues? Or is there something better now?

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The PureOne is aces, but the oil is ok(ish)

Motul 7100 for the win!

(seriously, the Motul and Shell are probably made in the same factory - any full synthetic is great for our bikes)

I had to import some PureOnes from the States to Oz, because I wanted them so bad!

LOL!

Cheers,
Rick

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
I run a Purolater filter and Amsoil Motorcycle Synthetic (10w-40) and did the same on my last bike. I have heard and read nothing but good things about Amsoil products and they have done me well with my car and past bike.

nksmfamjp

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I ended up exchanging the oil for Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40. Good and available a block away at Advanced Auto Parts.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just be aware that the Mobil1 Racing may require more frequent changes - like the Motul 300V (Racing) oil isn't recommended for street use, as racing engines get more changes.

This was confirmed by Motul themselves, which is why I use the 7100 full synthetic.

Cheers,
Rick

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Alot of people stick with that Rotella Synthetic.. Is is certainly OK oil. But given a choice, and I do have one, I go with either Castrol racing oil or Mobil 1 racing oil. I know this is heresy to lots of people who feel great about the Rotella and that is fine since they have the same options I do. I just found with the rotella my bike wasn't shifting as buttery smooth as is with Mobil 1 4T. Worth the extra $12 per oil change in my book