Alpinestars Fastlane Shoes

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

Does anyone own these riding shoes or have any experience with them? I am a dialy commuter, do not take my bike to the track, and have therefore been searching for a new riding shoe/boot that will be practical for my 70 mile round trip daily commute.

Read a lot about these last night and they seem to be very popular and have a lot of positive feedback. $119 seems like a solid price, so I decided to give them a shot. I went with the black ones.

Alpinestars Fastlane Shoes - RevZilla

Before these I was using a pair of Speed and Strengh shoes and was not impressed. Shoddy construction (strap tore after one season) and uncomfortable. Not enough flex in the sole, and annoying to shift with. Also not the best looking footwear either.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
personally i'd invest in a boot that offers actual ankle protection (and perhaps protection from the rain)

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
These are high enough that they should offer ankle protection. Of course they are no full out racing boot that goes up into the calf, but they are a high top with internal reinforcements that should suffice.

As far as waterproofing, when I do ride to work in the rain my legs and torso get soaked anyway, so a wet foot or two doesnt really bother me much :p