Alpinestars Bio Armor Back Protector

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Bought one from Revzilla a couple of weeks ago, don't have any A*s jackets, just figured I could slip it in the back of my jackets (have a Castle textile and an AGV leather) and swap it depending on which one I'm wearing.

I'm 5'10'', with an athletic build - the medium fits me well. The pockets in my jackets, however, were not big enough for the protector, so I grabbed a bit of industrial velcro from home depot, put some on the inside of my jackets and the opposite on the protector. I can easily swap jackets, works great, feels secure.

The protector is a hard foam, you can flex it but it will go back to where it started, and it feels tough. Wouldn't stop a bullet or anything like that, but if you land on your back on a rock, this will do a great job of making it hurt a whole lot less.

I hardly feel it in the jackets, and it appears to offer a lot more protection than the ~10mm foam insert that was in there as a placeholder. I hope I don't have to test it, but I'd say this is a great addition to any coat, and using velcro makes it easy to transfer it between the two jackets.

For the price, it's great, though remember it's meant for that extra bit of protection on the street, not to stop a charging bull.