Boots that can double as dress shoes?

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I searched a little bit and found some threads about people that ride to work and some changed shoes, others had jobs where they didn't mind whatever shoes they wore. I'm going to school right now and have to wear business casual on days we don't have to wear our uniforms (Tuesdays = khakis) and was wondering if anyone knew of any over the ankle boots/shoes that would pass as dress shoes?

Currently, I'm riding with these: http://cdnmedia.endeavorsuite.com/i...tail/35d6d5dc-a809-401e-9d9e-65bc97bd7be6.jpg

They are a little scuffed up, do you think they would work if I put a bit of shoe polish on there? I'm kind of leaning towards no, but I'm a tshirt, shorts and sneakers kinda guy (not when riding obviously).

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
as a joke i would suggest sidi boots, but they look similar to the ones you have pictured.. honestly, i would either polish the heck out of those that you have, or just bring a change of shoes and strap em to the bike!!

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Some of those look pretty nice. You are right about them being expensive! The review from CW said the guy has had his pair for many years at least.

I just keep my dress shoes in my office and change in to them when I get to work.

Yea, I rode in today since parking is a nightmare for me on Tuesdays and Thursdays (first class isn't until 10, so everyone is there already). I just threw my shoes in my backpack and swapped them out and put my boots under my desk in class. That's my only class those days luckily, so I didn't have to carry them around.

I really need to find out how I can get one of the lockers they have here and there..

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
......Yea, I rode in today since parking is a nightmare for me on Tuesdays and Thursdays (first class isn't until 10, so everyone is there already). I just threw my shoes in my backpack and swapped them out and put my boots under my desk in class. That's my only class those days luckily, so I didn't have to carry them around.

I really need to find out how I can get one of the lockers they have here and there..

Hope you can get one of those lockers. I'm one of the lucky ones with a locker at my work, it's ideal for keeping your biking gear in and a change of shoes, especially with the warm weather we're having at the moment it's great for keeping a change of clothes in :thumbup:

When I go off site I use my (Yamaha) top case to carry my shoes and store my gear :thumbup:.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
I searched a little bit and found some threads about people that ride to work and some changed shoes, others had jobs where they didn't mind whatever shoes they wore. I'm going to school right now and have to wear business casual on days we don't have to wear our uniforms (Tuesdays = khakis) and was wondering if anyone knew of any over the ankle boots/shoes that would pass as dress shoes?

Currently, I'm riding with these: http://cdnmedia.endeavorsuite.com/i...tail/35d6d5dc-a809-401e-9d9e-65bc97bd7be6.jpg

They are a little scuffed up, do you think they would work if I put a bit of shoe polish on there? I'm kind of leaning towards no, but I'm a tshirt, shorts and sneakers kinda guy (not when riding obviously).

I'd go with a leather "shorty" rain boot. they look a little more acceptable in the work environment.

or if you feel comfortably in leather boots that aren't riding specific, just find something supportive and dressy enough for your needs.