Almost away for the winter. But Where?

KensFz6

Wreck in progress
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For anyone who doesn't own their own garage, where do you store your bike for the winter?

I'm thinking of trying a Public Storage unit but haven't reserved one yet or even asked if it's allowed.

At $50-$90/ Month, I wonder if there might be a cheaper alternative (aside from burdening a friend with it for a while :rolleyes: )

SergeantG1

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a garage, so of course that's where I store mine. But, you might want to check around for a motorcycle specific storage place. I came across this the other day. Motorcycle Storage, Heated, Secure, Economical, several spaces left!!!

I didn't know anything like that existed until I seen the ad. It's a great idea though. Wish I had and empty building, I'd do the same thing.

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Motorcycle shops around here offer storage for $350. They'll take it, winterize it, store it, and prepare it when you want it back in the spring. decent. but Im making a shed for mine this weekend. Poured the concrete yesterday.

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine goes to a local arena that has been replaced with a new one. I store my bike there in the penalty box (literally) for $65 for the winter. They store RVs, classic cars and newer sports cars. They always beg for bikes cuz they fill in the gaps.

Hollow

Happy Thankful Member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It would be cheaper and better for yourself to build a small shed. That is what I have behind my house. This shed is big enough for my lawn stuff and the bike but not the lawn tractor and the bike at the same time. But I do understand first you have to have the yard for a shed, then the know how to build the shed, and not to mention the money. So good luck with what ever happens :)