All ready for summer - new tail tidy!

1Animal1

Reaction score
Visit site
The bikes nearly ready, had a full machine polish, spray of corroded parts, just needs its annual oil change, new back tyre and for me to find a place to mount the number plate bolt lights - I was thinking of removing the new reflector and mounting one behind the piece that goes between the exhausts, widen the vent with a dremel and stick the reflector behind it to make it look OEM.

I think I'm going to go for some black pro bolts too seeing as the previous owner didn't look after it and subsequently let the standard bolts corrode. There's no way to bring these back to life is there?

Oh and check out my £10 tail tidy :D

Last edited:

1Animal1

Reaction score
Visit site
haha cheers mate! :D

I've done 1000 miles this year already! I've decided to only ride it in the dry now though, it's a PITA to clean these sodding bikes. With the indicators, I'm at a bit of a cross roads atm, the cheap ones often look cheap and I really don't wanna be spending a fortune on it. I'll be moving to an FZ1 or an R1 once I've another years insurance under my belt :thumbup:

I need to remove the center stand too - either respray it or keep it off.

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
haha cheers mate! :D

I've done 1000 miles this year already! I've decided to only ride it in the dry now though, it's a PITA to clean these sodding bikes. With the indicators, I'm at a bit of a cross roads atm, the cheap ones often look cheap and I really don't wanna be spending a fortune on it. I'll be moving to an FZ1 or an R1 once I've another years insurance under my belt :thumbup:

I need to remove the center stand too - either respray it or keep it off.

sweet bike bro. I love the look of polished paint!

As for the FZ1 / R1 comment, you shouldn't just be trying to get a year of insurance under your belt.. you should be trying to get EXPERIENCE under your belt. I imagine theres nothing worse than riding an r1 and having guys on touring bikes blow past you in the twists because you never took the time to learn how to ride(its not a one season deal)

Just my 0.02

1Animal1

Reaction score
Visit site
Not a problem fella - I always appreciate advice, especially when my life's on the line.

I am almost through an Advanced Rider training program organised by the UK's most accredited scheme - AIM. Tests are conducted by police riders to ensure you meet requirements. Obviously you need experience too and the ability to gauge situations etc. I won't move until I'm ready and once I have the new bike, I'll be slowly building myself up in confidence like I have with this one.

Cheers for your comments on the paintwork, they don't buff up too badly do they :thumbup:

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
I know what you mean about the indicators, took me ages to find some that looked good but weren't mega expensive, even then they weren't as good as I'd hoped but they'll be fine and are still bright.

1Animal1

Reaction score
Visit site
I was quite liking the newer LED indicators from the GS1200's, you can source these at the price of a mediocre set of aftermarkets and the quality should be flawless.

I'm gonna sort this reflector out first. It's bothering me not having the numberplate lights on and knowing I've got to do it.

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great! Obviously a lot of sweat went into cleaning her up that well.

Appears that you'll be needing new rear rubber soon!

1Animal1

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep Definitely! Last year I attempted to polish some deep scratches from the screen and ended up with cutting compound all over the bike. It's took a year to remove haha! So this time I covered it in polythene before attacking the paint (and screen to refine).

The tyre's about 1.5mm, so yup, getting that done in a couple of weeks. I think I'm going for the same again, haven't had much to complain about with the old Pirelli Rosso :cheer: