All aftermarket exhausts now illegal in WA?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont think any aftermarket cans are DOT approved (not even the slip ons). Most aftermarket cans have "not for street use; track only" written somewhere when you order them.

Being that as it is, I have yet to hear of police stopping riders to examine the legality of their exhausts.

antijoy

Reaction score
Visit site
I dont think any aftermarket cans are DOT approved (not even the slip ons). Most aftermarket cans have \"not for street use; track only\" written somewhere when you order them.

Being that as it is, I have yet to hear of police stopping riders to examine the legality of their exhausts.

I've seen some sets listed as street legal, it's probably just a mater of where.

I may still get an myself some new cans. I'm leaning towards the Two Brothers. I like that you can slip in some homemade baffles fairly easily. I'm not sure thats possible with other setups?

I don't think our stock exhaust was fully intended to stay on the bike anyway. It's a big muffler hidden by a shield that looks like a real two can setup. I think fake hardware is only there for the people that have no intention of upgrading.

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Two Bros on my bike. They were pretty loud at first, so I decided to add the baffles. I put these in:

Two Brothers Racing, add an item to your shopping cart:

They made a difference to me. I don't see the problem , because they are nowhere close to being as loud as a Harley. I am a cop and in my nearly 15 years have NEVER stopped a motorcycle for mufflers/exhaust. I think most cops could care less about enforcing an exhaust/muffler law on a motorcycle, but I can't speak for your state.