Airport...

driver145

Reaction score
Visit site
Tomorrow, I fly out of the small local airport at sun-up and get back at sun-down, same day. I can park in 24 hour parking up front, w/o a problem assuming there are spaces left. I plan to have a normal sized, mostly empty backpack and that is it. My two options are motorcycle or taxi. If I take the bike, there are no lockers and the security people will not hold my stuff (The woman, probably named Mel, on the phone was an ***hole). So should I take everything on the plane with me (and can I), should I lock my helmet to the bike and take everything else, or should I just take a taxi?

If I take the bike, I will have Helmet, Jacket, Pants, Gloves, maybe different shoes, and a Radar Detector in a case, in addition to my backpack.

I know its up to me, but just curious about what others would do. Does a helmet count as extra luggage?

Tomorrow, I fly out of the small local airport at sun-up and get back at sun-down, same day. I can park in 24 hour parking up front, w/o a problem assuming there are spaces left. I plan to have a normal sized, mostly empty backpack and that is it. My two options are motorcycle or taxi. If I take the bike, there are no lockers and the security people will not hold my stuff (The woman, probably named Mel, on the phone was an ***hole). So should I take everything on the plane with me (and can I), should I lock my helmet to the bike and take everything else, or should I just take a taxi?

If I take the bike, I will have Helmet, Jacket, Pants, Gloves, maybe different shoes, and a Radar Detector in a case, in addition to my backpack.

I know its up to me, but just curious about what others would do. Does a helmet count as extra luggage?

Will everything fit into a big sports bag? If so you could check it as you luggage. Not sure what other things you need to bring.

I do this all the time, My bike spends half of it's life parked at O'Hare's lot :D I stuff my gloves in the helmet, leave the helmet locked to the bike. The jacket I just leave laying on the bike. No one has ever touched it!

Will everything fit into a big sports bag? If so you could check it as you luggage. Not sure what other things you need to bring.

Good idea. Although, I prefer not to check anything.

I do this all the time, My bike spends half of it's life parked at O'Hare's lot :D I stuff my gloves in the helmet, leave the helmet locked to the bike. The jacket I just leave laying on the bike. No one has ever touched it!

There is no way I would leave my $200 jacket laying on the bike. I might lock the helmet though, put gloves and radar detector under the seat.

Which of the two I do will probably depend on the weather... thanks guys

Dont they have those locker things in the airport terminal?

DUUUUHHHH you said they didnt.

I have put my helmet strap thru my jacket sleeve and left it locked to the bike like that. That may work for you.

The last two times I've flown, I parked my bike at the airport, which was a total rip off, they charged a motorcycle $12 a day, the same as a car. I took my helmet with me, plus my backpack. Both times, I wore full gear onto the plane. If they try to count your helmet as an extra piece of carry on, you can always put it on. I also tried that locker thing too, that's even more of a rip off.

Back