Airport...

driver145

Reaction score
Visit site
Tomorrow, I fly out of the small local airport at sun-up and get back at sun-down, same day. I can park in 24 hour parking up front, w/o a problem assuming there are spaces left. I plan to have a normal sized, mostly empty backpack and that is it. My two options are motorcycle or taxi. If I take the bike, there are no lockers and the security people will not hold my stuff (The woman, probably named Mel, on the phone was an ***hole). So should I take everything on the plane with me (and can I), should I lock my helmet to the bike and take everything else, or should I just take a taxi?

If I take the bike, I will have Helmet, Jacket, Pants, Gloves, maybe different shoes, and a Radar Detector in a case, in addition to my backpack.

I know its up to me, but just curious about what others would do. Does a helmet count as extra luggage?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Tomorrow, I fly out of the small local airport at sun-up and get back at sun-down, same day. I can park in 24 hour parking up front, w/o a problem assuming there are spaces left. I plan to have a normal sized, mostly empty backpack and that is it. My two options are motorcycle or taxi. If I take the bike, there are no lockers and the security people will not hold my stuff (The woman, probably named Mel, on the phone was an ***hole). So should I take everything on the plane with me (and can I), should I lock my helmet to the bike and take everything else, or should I just take a taxi?

If I take the bike, I will have Helmet, Jacket, Pants, Gloves, maybe different shoes, and a Radar Detector in a case, in addition to my backpack.

I know its up to me, but just curious about what others would do. Does a helmet count as extra luggage?

Will everything fit into a big sports bag? If so you could check it as you luggage. Not sure what other things you need to bring.

FzPilot

Reaction score
www.borczm.com
I do this all the time, My bike spends half of it's life parked at O'Hare's lot :D I stuff my gloves in the helmet, leave the helmet locked to the bike. The jacket I just leave laying on the bike. No one has ever touched it!

driver145

Reaction score
Visit site
Will everything fit into a big sports bag? If so you could check it as you luggage. Not sure what other things you need to bring.

Good idea. Although, I prefer not to check anything.

I do this all the time, My bike spends half of it's life parked at O'Hare's lot :D I stuff my gloves in the helmet, leave the helmet locked to the bike. The jacket I just leave laying on the bike. No one has ever touched it!

There is no way I would leave my $200 jacket laying on the bike. I might lock the helmet though, put gloves and radar detector under the seat.

Which of the two I do will probably depend on the weather... thanks guys

W

wrightme43

Dont they have those locker things in the airport terminal?

DUUUUHHHH you said they didnt.

I have put my helmet strap thru my jacket sleeve and left it locked to the bike like that. That may work for you.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The last two times I've flown, I parked my bike at the airport, which was a total rip off, they charged a motorcycle $12 a day, the same as a car. I took my helmet with me, plus my backpack. Both times, I wore full gear onto the plane. If they try to count your helmet as an extra piece of carry on, you can always put it on. I also tried that locker thing too, that's even more of a rip off.