Air gauge question!

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
I have 6 air gauges in all configurations. I took 3 readings on my front & rear tires with each and never got the same measurement twice! My question is: who's gauge do you use? The most consistant readings I attained was from my "low pressure gauge", used primarily for atv tires! I only want the 36/33 psi combo- nothing fancy. My tires were cool & my gauges are all in good condition. Any ideas?
Thank you, doug

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Just keep looking is all I know man. I too own several gages. The most convenient one I've found is a small, angled, digital one which gets to the front valve stem quite nicely and it is self-lighted, though I sincerely think it is off about 2 psi.
My most trusted gage, an analog Victor, (the same gages you see on welding/burning tanks), is hard to use, (and it often takes me awhile to get uncontorted to remove myself out of the mag wheels), but I sincerely trust it and it has withstood the test of time. Good luck!

Last edited:

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Annoying huh? I have two gauges that cost I think about $25 each. I also have one for about $3 (shaped like a pen). All three read a little different the two $25 ones are about 3 or so psi off of each other. On my bikes, the pen one is the one I use because it's easier to use and the readings are "good enough".

I have two compressors with built-in gauges, and those built-in gauges are completely inaccurate. I use them as a guide only.

Dennis