Aftermarket turn signals....let's see them !

crazy302

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking to purchase aftermarket turn signals to replace the factory ones and would like to see some pictures of them installed on a FZ6.

I already installed the ones for the rear that comes with the Two Bros exhaust, but I find them too tiny. I would like to have a matching set front & rear.

I've been looking on eBay for cheap universal fit, but there's so many that I can't decide which one to go with.

So far, those are "best" one I found for the price : http://www.ebay.ca/itm/261087319704...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_2645wt_1164

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had a few bikes with LED aftermarket lights on them and these are the best I've had. The only brighter ones are very expensive in comparison. I've had these for almost a year and I'm very happy with them. If you have a Cycle Gear store near you they may have them in stock as they were for me. They, like so many products are made in china and sold under different names Some have different black plastic, chrome or CF look finish. They are worth the money, are a nice style and bright!

SPEEDMETAL Parts & Accessories - LED Angle Lights - Cycle Gear

Also you may want to get an electronic flasher instead of the OEM flasher because the flash raate will change when you switch to LED from incandescent turn signals. Here's a link to one that costs $8.95 and works great! LF1-S-FLAT Super Bright LEDs - Electronic LED Flashers Specifications

Mine are just like these but not the CF look...:)
51ZlvUNGQsL._SS400_.jpg

crazy302

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have a pîcture of them installed on your bike ? They look great.

Also you may want to get an electronic flasher instead of the OEM flasher because the flash raate will change when you switch to LED from incandescent turn signals. Here's a link to one that costs $8.95 and works great! LF1-S-FLAT Super Bright LEDs - Electronic LED Flashers Specifications

Didn't thought about that...will the flash rate increase or decrease without the electronic flasher ? Is it really necessary ?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have a pîcture of them installed on your bike ? They look great.

Didn't thought about that...will the flash rate increase or decrease without the electronic flasher ? Is it really necessary ?

I will try to get a picture today as I'm working on it in a few minutes.

If you have just one set of LEDs and on set of incandescent it will make the flash rate faster. If you're doing all 4 LED the OEM flasher may not work at all. I would get an electronic to be sure.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for the noob question, but where do you install this ?

Not really a noob question...If you have the fairing version the flasher relay will be on the left side of the fairing. Mounted low on the inside. It's on a rubber mount than slides on a tab. You can reach up and slide the rubber mount upward and off where the unit will then be accessible from below. If you have a naked or a converted to naked I believe you'll find it under the tank forward of the battery.

crazy302

Reaction score
Visit site
Not really a noob question...If you have the fairing version the flasher relay will be on the left side of the fairing. Mounted low on the inside. It's on a rubber mount than slides on a tab. You can reach up and slide the rubber mount upward and off where the unit will then be accessible from below. If you have a naked or a converted to naked I believe you'll find it under the tank forward of the battery.

Great, thanks :thumbup:

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked the same ones as Motogiro. I think they look good and wanted something bright too. Also wanted indicators than could be seen from the side and these are visible from the side as well.

I just took a couple of pics in the parking lot, not the best pictures but you get the idea. I also included a pic of the indicators I had before were shaded LEDs, not very bright.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had a few bikes with LED aftermarket lights on them and these are the best I've had. The only brighter ones are very expensive in comparison. I've had these for almost a year and I'm very happy with them. If you have a Cycle Gear store near you they may have them in stock as they were for me. They, like so many products are made in china and sold under different names Some have different black plastic, chrome or CF look finish. They are worth the money, are a nice style and bright!

SPEEDMETAL Parts & Accessories - LED Angle Lights - Cycle Gear

Mine are just like these but not the CF look...:)
51ZlvUNGQsL._SS400_.jpg

Do you need the flasher?

I kind of like that the led turn signals on my bike flash more repeadedly. I think it gets more attention from other drivers.

I have all 4 turn signals changed to led. Seems to work fine. I am worried however that the quicker flashing might cause problems for the bike?

Are my fears justified?

tenracing

Reaction score
Visit site
i used my stock front bulbs and drilled out the little space next to my head lights . puts them out of the way and looks cool . if you look closer next to my head light you can see my orange blinkers .

trj

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a set of flush mounts in the front and have been told that they are not very visible. I have also replaced the rear turn signals with led. They all work without replacing the flasher relay however I would recommend it.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Some photos on my SV1000s

Also think about whether you might need adapters where the stalk gets insalled. See the second pic....

Pic%2520001.jpg

Pic%2520002.jpg

Pic%2520003.jpg

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you need the flasher?

I kind of like that the led turn signals on my bike flash more repeadedly. I think it gets more attention from other drivers.

I have all 4 turn signals changed to led. Seems to work fine. I am worried however that the quicker flashing might cause problems for the bike?

Are my fears justified?

They're probably good to go. It seems some OEM flasher LED combos work differently probably do to LED load or flasher. Still for $8.95?

Some LEO's might bother you for the faster flash rate. The faster flash rate won't hurt the bike. :)

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Some photos on my SV1000s

Also think about whether you might need adapters where the stalk gets insalled. See the second pic....

I confirm you will need adapters or you can buy washers too. I bought the adapters on eBay for $8 because they look better than washers, even though paying $8 for 4 pieces of plastic is a bit dumb :/

Also got the relay cause the flashing rate was comical with LEDs. Now the rate is DOT specs and won't attract attention from the cops.

crazy302

Reaction score
Visit site
After almost a year trying to figure out which one to put on, finally decided to pull the trigger on those. Really happy with the result specially for 30$ shipped on eBay, just wish they would be a little bigger, but oh well !! Sorry for the crappy pics and dirty bike.

IMG_4270_zps8728849c.jpg

IMG_4271_zps80cd7136.jpg

IMG_4272x_zps7ec30230.jpg