After Market Horns

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bolted on a FIAAM Freeway Blaster (the low tone one). Cheap (like $20 at Pep Boys) and bolts on with a little creativity and minimal modification, and best of all, it's plug n' play - no relays, etc.

It's MUCH louder than stock but not very loud on the freeway (ironically enough).

If you want "scare the sh!t out of people loud" may I recommend the Stebel Nautalis? (sp?) You definitely sacrifice the "beep beep hello/goodbye" aspect in favor of the "get yourself noticed".

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I might still beep hello and goodbye to grandma... but with the nautilus i know she will hear me even with the hearing aids out/off.

That is one of my "Someday" mods...

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I bolted on a FIAAM Freeway Blaster (the low tone one). Cheap (like $20 at Pep Boys) and bolts on with a little creativity and minimal modification, and best of all, it's plug n' play - no relays, etc.

It's MUCH louder than stock but not very loud on the freeway (ironically enough).

If you want "scare the sh!t out of people loud" may I recommend the Stebel Nautalis? (sp?) You definitely sacrifice the "beep beep hello/goodbye" aspect in favor of the "get yourself noticed".

I put the exact same one on mine. It's definitely better in city traffic circumstances, but I have to agree that it's nowhere near loud enough on the interstate. I don't know why. It may be due to the large opening on the front...maybe all the air feeding in there. I have no idea, just a guess.

+1 on the Stebel Nautilus. I'm definitely upgrading to this eventually. If I'm not mistaken, though, it's pretty pricey.

*edit* Actually, I just Googled it and it's not bad at all...about $35-$40. Hmm...I see another mod coming!

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I've got a Nautilus and it is impressively loud. I've also had Fiamms on other bikes in the past.

I think that Fiamms are better overall, provided that you use a high and a low tone horn. The two sounds resonate and become that much louder.

Also, the Nautilus is pitched higher than the Fiamms. Lower frequencies penetrate farther, so they're better at getting through the windows of a cage and into the ears of the driver.

Fred

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
This was my very first mod I did on my bike, and I consider it one of the most important safety mods you can do. I didn't go overboard with a spectacular horn, but a horn that was much louder than the stock. No relays, just mounted on the exhisting horn bracket and pluged in the two wires.

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
I put the fiaam on the other day. Now the bike sounds like my car :rockon:. I was wondering how others have positioned theirs. I turned the opening to the left. I was thinking this would keep crap from collecting in it. I was also wondering if doing this would help the sound of the horn on the highway. Any ideas?

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
Like others, I first went with the Fiaam Freeway Blaster, but the Stebel is by far and away the loudest. I'm not sure what the recent study by WebBikeWorld did wrong, but I've run my Stebel in this exposed, but easy to install and wire to, position for several years, thru rain and muck, and it continues to blast like a champ. Highly recommended.