After Market Exhaust = Better Gas Mileage

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure if this will help anybody one way or the other with regards to buying an after market exhaust, but my new scorpions have given me 15-20 miles more out of a tank full of gas.

Has this been the case for scorpion owners or other after market exhaust owners?

Thanks,
Nick

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
Ummm.....no.
I'm getting about 10-15 mpg less.

Edited to add: Well of course I'm using more gas, because I'm riding around everywhere in 2nd gear. What's the point in having Scorpions if you don't show them off?:D
(Mike: the oldest juvenile delinquent in Vancouver):Sport:

Last edited:

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
In theory you should get better milage but sometimes you use the more power and want to he the noise that it can go the other way and reduse milage.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well, the bike will have more available power (in theory) so if you take it easy and ride it the same way then it should not have to work as hard to do what you want it to do, but if you tap into the extra fun, noise, and power available the fuel efficiency will decrease.

My theory at least.

H

HavBlue

well, the bike will have more available power (in theory) so if you take it easy and ride it the same way then it should not have to work as hard to do what you want it to do, but if you tap into the extra fun, noise, and power available the fuel efficiency will decrease.

My theory at least.

Yup, that's what's likely to happen...

nagadad99

Reaction score
Visit site
After the newness wears off you mileage will increse. But the new cans make a bike new all over again. Give it a month or two.