Advice for Yasko

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
You've got it all wrong, you need one in Faster Blue!

What year was yours? I sold mine for 3k, it was an '06 with 20k miles, and in very good shape (not perfect though).

Heal up fast!

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
The family, and friends are kicking my azz over the idea of getting another bike.:spank:

Everyone in the family knew I had two bikes, but my mom. When she found out, she was very upset, but I got away with ,now's not the time.:eek:

Her only focus so far has been on getting me healthy.:cheer: , and she has only given me the, "I've all ways told you those thing are dangerous." line every now and then.

When I told her that I have my Ninja in the garage, she never said a word, and she has yet to ask what my plans are for it.:eek:

I'm trying to tell my love ones what I loved about ridding, and 75% keep coming back with "you could have been killed". :confused:

Everyone around me has showed so much love and support to me, and I would hate to put them threw this again.:(, but bikes are in my soul, and a part of me would die if I don't get another bike. Every time I would hear a bike , would kill me slowly.

How do I get another bike, and not be a selfish bastard.:confused:

Help?

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
if you were a roof tiler and fell off the roof would everyone tell you to stop work, change jobs?
if you had a bingle in your car, never drive again?
if you take a train and its derailed?

if you go for a walk and get attacked by a dog ---- never walk---- or dont go near dogs

i think you need to say riding is a part of you if they never want you to take a risk in life, buy you a never ending supply of cotton wool
tell em you'll be ever so careful coz coming off makes you know how precious life is, more than they ever will, and riding makes it all the more worthwhile

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

Last edited:

TheSandman13

Reaction score
Visit site
The family, and friends are kicking my azz over the idea of getting another bike.:spank:

Everyone in the family knew I had two bikes, but my mom. When she found out, she was very upset, but I got away with ,now's not the time.:eek:

Her only focus so far has been on getting me healthy.:cheer: , and she has only given me the, "I've all ways told you those thing are dangerous." line every now and then.

When I told her that I have my Ninja in the garage, she never said a word, and she has yet to ask what my plans are for it.:eek:

I'm trying to tell my love ones what I loved about ridding, and 75% keep coming back with "you could have been killed". :confused:

Everyone around me has showed so much love and support to me, and I would hate to put them threw this again.:(, but bikes are in my soul, and a part of me would die if I don't get another bike. Every time I would hear a bike , would kill me slowly.

How do I get another bike, and not be a selfish bastard.:confused:

Help?

You're no more at risk of getting hurt on a motorcycle than you are doing anything else on a daily basis. I know guys who have been riding for over 30 years, including myself, who have never been in an accident. And that includes one guy who has probably logged over 400,000 miles, and has never even dropped a motorcycle. Of course, there are some motorcycle riders that are more at risk than others, but that has all to do with how you ride, and how close to the edge (of safe riding) you push it. Some riders are asking for accidents. Experience plays a big factor as well.

Unfortunately, most motorcycle accidents are not the fault of the rider, but you can still lessen your chances as much as possible by practicing every safe technique possible, and by not doing stupid things on a bike. In your case, it was just dumb luck with a stupid cage driver, and those are the kind that are very difficult to avoid. You might ride the rest of your life and never have another car pull in front of you. Or it could happen again tomorrow. The closet I've come is actually with a deer, not another driver. And in my 34 years of operating a motor vehicle, that's the only time in my life I've had a deer run in front of me...car or motorcycle. I missed it by about a foot. There was probably a little skill on my part to avoid it. I only had about a second to react, but that was just enough time to hit the brakes and slow down enough (maybe from 70 to 50) to just see it pass right in front of my bike. I was lucky.

You'll never convince people who don't ride that motorcycles are safe. Most people go through life afraid to do anything. You just have to tell them that you'll do everything possible to be as safe as you can. That's all you can control at that point with your family. They're gonna think what they think. Nothing you can do about that. You're not being selfish at all. They would be selfish if they try and tell you how to live your life. Just my opinion. I also have a 20 year old son who started riding recently. Of course I worry about him, just like any parent would. But I also trust him to be smart and responsible.

And of course, always wear protective gear. That will significantly lessen the chances of more serious things happening if you do get into an accident.

Last edited:

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
Get a lawyer for sure!! His insurance company isn't worried about your health. They (ins co) is worried about it's bottom line. Heal up fast and good luck!!