Adjustable kickstand for FZ6?

aj_fz6

n00b
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone seen an adjustable kickstand for the FZ6? I've seen them online for the R6 but haven't found one for our bike.

aj_fz6

n00b
Reaction score
Visit site
The most obvious reason would be for those who lower their bikes. There are other situations where you might want an adjustable stand as well. Particularly if you often park in a place where the pavement is uneven.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Adjustable stand kit.

11292_lg.jpg

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
The most obvious reason would be for those who lower their bikes. There are other situations where you might want an adjustable stand as well. Particularly if you often park in a place where the pavement is uneven.

So is your FZ6 lowered?

How low would one have to actually lower their bike to make it that low that you would need a shorter stand? Yikes. The only lowering linkage/kit that I know of for the FZ6 only lowers it about one inch.

As for parking...I wouldn't park my bike where the pavement is that uneven to make my bike unstable on the kick stand. Amazing thing about a motorcycle...you can move it to where pavement isn't uneven.... ;)

Last edited:

aj_fz6

n00b
Reaction score
Visit site
The amazing thing about assigned parking spaces is that you have to park where you have been assigned.

Thanks. You've all been a tremendous help.

Jeez, ask a guy what time it is and he tells you how to build a friggin watch.

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The amazing thing about assigned parking spaces is that you have to park where you have been assigned.

+1000 to that point.

Just for everybody's knowledge, I would still like to know if there are any options out there for an adjustable kickstand.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com

Well you didn't say squat about your 'assigned parking space' being the reason for needing one in you OP, so excuse us.

I have known some riders to carry a small square or round piece of metal of some kind to use to place under your kickstand for parking on uneven or soft surfaces. Seems to work well.

+1000 to that point.

Just for everybody's knowledge, I would still like to know if there are any options out there for an adjustable kickstand.

Lol, so let me get this straight, you agree to aj_fz6's comments about us not being overly helpful, then you still want some help form us...in the same post..about the same thing... lol, interesting. Isn't there a saying about "biting the hand that feeds you".....

Last edited:

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
A picture is worth a thousand words.

I gave you a thousand word reply.

And it's the standard way of altering the kickstand.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I can't hardly park my bike on the sidestand, SO that is why I would want one and why I need one.

So we can all better understand, why exactly can't you "can't hardly park my bike on the sidestand"? Is there a particular mod you've done to change how the bike sits on the stand? Lowered? Live on the side of a mountain?

Last edited:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have known some riders to carry a small square or round piece of metal of some kind to use to place under your kickstand for parking on uneven or soft surfaces. Seems to work well.

+1 on that.I actually carry a worn out angle grinder disk,works a treat :thumbup:

davidsa1

Naked is more fun.
Reaction score
Visit site
So we can all better understand, why exactly can't you \"can't hardly park my bike on the sidestand\"? Is there a particular mod you've done to change how the bike sits on the stand? Lowered? Live on the side of a mountain?

Whats to understand? All he wants to know is if anybody makes an adjustable kickstand for his bike, why do we need to know what mods have been made?

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org

+1: I keep the disc I got at Laguna Seca MotoGP 2008 in my saddlebags from when we had to park in the grass field behind the track. Works like a charm even on a grass hill (as long as you keep it in gear *parking brake).

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well you didn't say squat about your 'assigned parking space' being the reason for needing one in you OP, so excuse us.

Lol, so let me get this straight, you agree to aj_fz6's comments about us not being overly helpful, then you still want some help form us...in the same post..about the same thing... lol, interesting. Isn't there a saying about \"biting the hand that feeds you\".....

When did I ever say that I specifically wanted help from the people that had already posted on this thread?

Do we have an interview/question qualifying survey to fill out every time a question is asked now?

I don't honestly know which mod it is that I've done that made my bike hard to park on the sidestand (no matter what terrain, smooth even pavement is still a no-no for my sidestand) I lowered the bike in the front by sliding the triple tree down the forks and hiked up the back end at the same time and it really messed with the center of gravity on the bike AND now the kickstand is basically useless. I still rely on the centerstand, which is great, but some times it would be nice to have a "quick option."

Does anybody know if there would be any complications in putting an adjustable stand made for an R6 on the FZ???

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A picture is worth a thousand words.

I gave you a thousand word reply.

And it's the standard way of altering the kickstand.

You definetly offered a sure fire way to adjust the kickstand but I just don't have the resources, basically I don't have the access to an acetelyne and oxygen torch. I thank you for your suggestion but a bolt on after market kickstand would be much more practical for a lot of people.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
So is your FZ6 lowered?

How low would one have to actually lower their bike to make it that low that you would need a shorter stand? Yikes. The only lowering linkage/kit that I know of for the FZ6 only lowers it about one inch.

As for parking...I wouldn't park my bike where the pavement is that uneven to make my bike unstable on the kick stand. Amazing thing about a motorcycle...you can move it to where pavement isn't uneven.... ;)

So instead of offering a answer to the question, you question the question! If you don't have the answer for a question, why would you even bother to post a reply? It would have been posted as a "what do you think" or "poll" if he wanted your input as to what he should do. He asked a simple question, which desirves a simple answer.

I've learned from many years of forum use to put a disclamer in y post if I'm asking a question. It goes something like "opinions not needed, just looking for facts".

Ok maybe I'm just pissy tonight, but why is it so hard to get a simple question answered without an opinion? Remember, it's not always about YOU!

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Whats to understand? All he wants to know is if anybody makes an adjustable kickstand for his bike, why do we need to know what mods have been made?

I only asked beacuase he stated, and I quote, "can't hardly park my bike on the sidestand". This made me curious as to why using a kickstand on an FZ6 would be so challanging and I wanted to understand why he is having so much trouble using his kickstand...since previous posters were stating that we wern't being very helpful.

So first people say we are not helpful, now we get pinged on for trying to get some background and understand their situation.!?! :rolleyes:Maybe there are other options or solutions available.

There is always Google if you don't like what you find here.

Reaction score
Visit site
You definetly offered a sure fire way to adjust the kickstand but I just don't have the resources, basically I don't have the access to an acetelyne and oxygen torch. I thank you for your suggestion but a bolt on after market kickstand would be much more practical for a lot of people.

I don't know if this helps, but maybe if you goto a dealership and see what bikes have a shorter kickstand length, then see if it's feasible/available from Ebay or something & to mount it the FZ(???) For example, maybe a R6 kickstand is shorter and with some simple moding could work...? I don't know, I'm just pondering this funny thread :eek: