A New FZ6 Owner in Phoenix, AZ

RavenFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone,
Just two days ago I bought a 2005 FZ6, and I love it. I had been looking into them for a long time, even test drove a few last summer, I just didn't have the proper resources to buy one yet. But early this week I had an opportunity to buy one at an awesome price and I lined everything up and made it happen.
I couldn't be happier! Kinda turned out to be a little early birthday gift to myself haha.
I have always wanted this bike due to its excellent power, handling and versatility. Also it being a Yamaha, I knew it was reliable.

So yeah,
Any other FZ6 riders around the west phoenix area?? I've seen a few around..

Edit:
Sorry, I havent gotten around to post pictures till now. I just got outta work a little bit ago, but yeah here it is!
I really wanted the all black raven, but when i came across this thing at the price i ended up getting it for, I couldnt turn it down.
I talked the guy down to $2,600 and its with a clean title and 12,000 miles on it.

More to come!

0216011310.jpg

Haha pardon the appearance of my garage. I just moved into the house about 2 months ago and Im still settling everything down and organizing. But yeah the other bikes in the pics belong to my friend. He just moved down here too but since he lives in an apartment he has no where to put them!

SDC12235.jpg

Waiting in line at the emissions station haha
0216011509.jpg

This one i took yesterday, all of the techs rode our bikes yesterday. So heres a group pic!
0218011733d.jpg

This one was today! I pulled it into the back compressor room when we got hit with a dust storm and then rain! I was lucky the rain stopped before It was time to come home lol
0219011101.jpg

Last edited:

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, congrats on your new purchase!! I live in Tempe, and I just picked up my second 2008 Raven FZ this morning! I like to think of it as my late birthday present. haha The FZ6 is a great bike, you'll love it!! :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:RavenFZ6 to the best forum around!

Yes! Show us some pics! make sure to get geared up! Helmet, Jacket, protective pants, gloves and boots!
Are you new to riding? If so think about a rider safety course....
Have Fun!

Last edited:

RavenFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
You wanted pics?? You got'em!

Hey, congrats on your new purchase!! I live in Tempe, and I just picked up my second 2008 Raven FZ this morning! I like to think of it as my late birthday present. haha The FZ6 is a great bike, you'll love it!! :thumbup:

Right on dude, Thanks! And congrats to you too then!
If the weather is not to crummy tomorrow Ill probably be heading up those roads to the top of the south mountains. Have you ridden up them yet?

D - A hat!

Last edited:

RavenFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
nice, I like my Blue 07...but that silver frame/engine on the
earlier models is sharp....what are the tires on that bike?

Its got the Michelin Pilot Roads' on it. They seem to ride pretty good so far. In the last few days I've owned the bike, Ive put about 150 miles on it! Haha I definitely don't have any complaints =)

Last edited:

PVFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. :thumbup: As others have said you will love this bike, its like the Toyota of motorcycles.

I live in Prescott Valley so if you ever want to head up this way for a ride, we got the best twisties up here, let me know.

There is a great twisty section on hwy 89 about midway between us.

RavenFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
^^^^^ Hahaha

Welcome to the forum. :thumbup: As others have said you will love this bike, its like the Toyota of motorcycles.

I live in Prescott Valley so if you ever want to head up this way for a ride, we got the best twisties up here, let me know.

There is a great twisty section on hwy 89 about midway between us.

Thanks, and that sounds good dude! Hopefully Ill have enough free time to head up that way soon.
In March, one of my very good friends is flying out here from New Jersey for the first time to visit. Since he's never been out here before I was planning on showing him around. One of the things we were planning on was taking the bikes on a day trip up to Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon if the weather is good.

Should be a great ride. Maybe on the way back down to Phoenix we'll swing through Prescott

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Right on dude, Thanks! And congrats to you too then!
If the weather is not to crummy tomorrow Ill probably be heading up those roads to the top of the south mountains. Have you ridden up them yet?

No problem, thank you too, man!
Yeah, it's supposed to rain over on my side of town. :/ Hope it's better for you.
I don't think so, I went to a few places with my friends a few years back, but I don't think that was one of them. I can't wait to hit some twisties though! I love ridin' up north once it gets warmer!

You have any plans for your bike for mods?

Here are a few pics of mine, by the way!

WP_000019.jpg

DSC05739.jpg

DSC05738.jpg

DSC05740.jpg

Tucked away in the garage til I get her registered and insured. I'm getting antsy and it's only been one day! haha

DSC05742.jpg

RavenFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
No problem, thank you too, man!
Yeah, it's supposed to rain over on my side of town. :/ Hope it's better for you.
I don't think so, I went to a few places with my friends a few years back, but I don't think that was one of them. I can't wait to hit some twisties though! I love ridin' up north once it gets warmer!

You have any plans for your bike for mods?

Here are a few pics of mine, by the way!

Aww, yeah they say its supposed to rain here in Avondale too. But alot of the time they say that, all we get are some pretty short duration showers (5-15 min) unless its a big storm. So I got my fingers crossed!

But yeah I went up the South Mountains in my car once a while back. It was actually a really nice ride up. Lots of twists and turns, and when you get up to the top, you get an amazing view of the whole valley. So I was hoping to make a short ride up tomorrow but I'm not too sure now.

For my bike, Im probably gunna go light on the mods and just do little stuff to start off.
One of the things I'm definitely planning on is getting HIDs for it. Since I use it a lot for commuting to and from work and school, a majority of the time I am traveling when its dark.

After that, Ill Probably look into some mild Exhaust work and possibly also Painting the tank and trim pieces Black. If I end up painting It I will more then likely also wanna get the wheels powder coated and forks anodized Gold. I love the Black and Gold look haha

Its still a little early to be sure of what I wanna do with it yet.
I really love my FZ6 so far and I'm happy with what it is right now

But yeah, your bike looks amazing! Very Clean and Sick lookin haha
How much did you end up getting it for if you don't mind me asking?
What kinda mods are you lookin to do to it?

wlay00

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the bike bro! I live in Goodyear which is in the West Valley. I am stationed at Luke, a bunch of us will be hitting up Prescott soon, which is an amazing ride through the Mountains. PM me and I will give you my cell number and we can let each other know when some rides come about! Again congrats on your GREAT deal!:rockon:

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Aww, yeah they say its supposed to rain here in Avondale too. But alot of the time they say that, all we get are some pretty short duration showers (5-15 min) unless its a big storm. So I got my fingers crossed!

But yeah I went up the South Mountains in my car once a while back. It was actually a really nice ride up. Lots of twists and turns, and when you get up to the top, you get an amazing view of the whole valley. So I was hoping to make a short ride up tomorrow but I'm not too sure now.

For my bike, Im probably gunna go light on the mods and just do little stuff to start off.
One of the things I'm definitely planning on is getting HIDs for it. Since I use it a lot for commuting to and from work and school, a majority of the time I am traveling when its dark.

After that, Ill Probably look into some mild Exhaust work and possibly also Painting the tank and trim pieces Black. If I end up painting It I will more then likely also wanna get the wheels powder coated and forks anodized Gold. I love the Black and Gold look haha

Its still a little early to be sure of what I wanna do with it yet.
I really love my FZ6 so far and I'm happy with what it is right now

But yeah, your bike looks amazing! Very Clean and Sick lookin haha
How much did you end up getting it for if you don't mind me asking?
What kinda mods are you lookin to do to it?

Yeah, I totally get what you mean. I like short showers a lot better, but I don't like it when everything is wet and nasty. I got enough of that back in the midwest. haha

Sounds like it would be an awesome ride/drive, I'll have to take my bike and car up there sometime with my camera. I love curves no matter what I'm in, and a nice view is just a cherry on top!

Nice, man. I was actually thinking about some HID's too, the stock bulbs aren't really that bright at all. Makes me nervous. :/ I have to agree with you though, black and gold is definitely awesome! I was thinkin about doin that for mine, but I haven't made up my mind yet. haha I'm glad you're lovin the bike, though. That smile's only gonna get bigger! :BLAA: Haha

Thanks! I got it for $4,500 with only 2,500 miles on it. I only wanted black, and it popped up a week or so ago as the only black one on sale within like 4 or 5 hundred miles, so I jumped on it! haha, I'm really happy. Again. haha
In the next week or so I'm gonna be ordering TwoBros Black Series CF exhaust, Yamaha Belly pan, TCP seat cowl, and frame/fork/swingarm sliders. Eventually I'm gonna do a streetfighter conversion, but that'll be after the summer when I finish paying it off. haha

RavenFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the bike bro! I live in Goodyear which is in the West Valley. I am stationed at Luke, a bunch of us will be hitting up Prescott soon, which is an amazing ride through the Mountains. PM me and I will give you my cell number and we can let each other know when some rides come about! Again congrats on your GREAT deal!:rockon:

Pm'ed! Dude, your like right next to me!
Im in Avondale, just off Van Buren & 119th. Like 5 minutes from Goodyear. I actually was riding around Goodyear yesterday, while going on a ride with the guys from my shop after work.
Haha thats crazy!

Yeah, I totally get what you mean. I like short showers a lot better, but I don't like it when everything is wet and nasty. I got enough of that back in the midwest. haha

Sounds like it would be an awesome ride/drive, I'll have to take my bike and car up there sometime with my camera. I love curves no matter what I'm in, and a nice view is just a cherry on top!

Nice, man. I was actually thinking about some HID's too, the stock bulbs aren't really that bright at all. Makes me nervous. :/ I have to agree with you though, black and gold is definitely awesome! I was thinkin about doin that for mine, but I haven't made up my mind yet. haha I'm glad you're lovin the bike, though. That smile's only gonna get bigger! :BLAA: Haha

Thanks! I got it for $4,500 with only 2,500 miles on it. I only wanted black, and it popped up a week or so ago as the only black one on sale within like 4 or 5 hundred miles, so I jumped on it! haha, I'm really happy. Again. haha
In the next week or so I'm gonna be ordering TwoBros Black Series CF exhaust, Yamaha Belly pan, TCP seat cowl, and frame/fork/swingarm sliders. Eventually I'm gonna do a streetfighter conversion, but that'll be after the summer when I finish paying it off. haha

Yeah, after taking a look outside today, I dont think Ill be riding today after all. Looks like everythings been thoroughly soaked here over night and it doesnt look like it will get any better.

Let me know if you plan on heading up there in the future. If I have some time ill try and swing up there too!

Right on dude, I'd say you did really well on that purchase. That bike looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor! haha Yours is pretty much the exact color and style I was looking to get, and once you get those mods for it :drool: haha

But yeah, I forgot to add before that I'd also be looking into getting the sliders as well. Cuz, you never know what could happen.. That CBR600rr in my garage got laid down by my buddy who owns it, and it screwed a lotta stuff up..
I also saw those pics of your last FZ6. You're lucky you didnt get really Screwed up! Im happy your still riding and everything though, and I bet you cant wait to get riding on that thing again! haha

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, after taking a look outside today, I dont think Ill be riding today after all. Looks like everythings been thoroughly soaked here over night and it doesnt look like it will get any better.

Let me know if you plan on heading up there in the future. If I have some time ill try and swing up there too!

Right on dude, I'd say you did really well on that purchase. That bike looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor! haha Yours is pretty much the exact color and style I was looking to get, and once you get those mods for it :drool: haha

But yeah, I forgot to add before that I'd also be looking into getting the sliders as well. Cuz, you never know what could happen.. That CBR600rr in my garage got laid down by my buddy who owns it, and it screwed a lotta stuff up..
I also saw those pics of your last FZ6. You're lucky you didnt get really Screwed up! Im happy your still riding and everything though, and I bet you cant wait to get riding on that thing again! haha

Yeah, but it actually stopped raining about an hour ago over on my side of town, and the roads are drying up really quickly, so you might still be able to if you wanna go later. It's just a little chilly, but would probably feel good. haha

I don't have much time this semester because of work and school, but I'll let you know!

Yeah, I got really lucky. Haha, I just have to get the tank polished, cuz the last owner peeled the warning sticker off, and it left some scratches. Nothing that can't be buffed out though. Your bike looks great too though! As you can tell from my car, I like silver and black too! haha

Yeah, those are definitely a good idea. Save a lot of trouble, even if it's only a parking lot drop, or something. How much is it gonna take to get his bike back on the road? Yeah, I was definitely blessed to walk away from that one relatively unscathed. Thank God for gear!! haha, Me too, though. I love it so much, I don't know how I went without a bike for over 2 years! haha, Definitely antsy to get out on the road though, but for now, rides around the complex will have to suffice!