A few pics from the lake

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a few pics from the f'n awesome ride my buddies and I took around Sacandaga lake

shafe716-albums-sacandaga-lake-picture3500-bachelorville-bridge.jpg

shafe716-albums-sacandaga-lake-picture3501-bachelorville-bridge-2.jpg

shafe716-albums-sacandaga-lake-picture3502-bachelorville-bridge-3.jpg

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I grew up about 15 miles from the lake....nice pics.

ADK park is over 6M acres! You can fit Yellowstone, Yosemite, and Glacier inside of it and still have room left over!

Damnitsjeff

Yumma Dum Dum
Reaction score
Visit site
Rockin photos..... I see your buddies have pick the Kawasuckie hahaha :justkidding: and the Honda trifecta of the Japanese bikes....

Last edited:

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool Pictures. I never knew New York had a quiet side like that haha.

Thats the small side of the lake too. Behind the camera is another 10-15 miles of lake to the other end. Most of the state looks like that, also the US national park system was based off of the NYS Park system. Hence the lack of any national parks in NY. I think there's only one very small one out near Buffalo. good ol' governor Roosevelt..... errr President Roosevelt:D

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
The Great Sacandaga Lake is actually a man-made lake/reservoir. Because the Sacandaga river flooded and destroyed so much property downstream as far as Albany a dam was built and the valley was intentionally allowed to flood with buildings still standing and there is even a train at the bottom of the lake. Residences, businesses and even cemeteries had to be relocated to accomplish this. The dam was built in the 1920's I believe. The Adirondack Mountains are beautful and it is an area well worth visiting. And no the state didn't pay me to advertise. ;)

FZyLarry

No power slides for me
Reaction score
Visit site
My "lotto" dream - the wife in a motor home pulling a trailer with several bikes to pick from (match them to the area) and a year to wander around to all the beautiful places folks on this forum have posted pictures of. Ahhhh, what a beautiful dream :D