a couple questions. one fz6 related, one not

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
yes i tried searching and cant find what im looking for. i recently got a new computer because my old one was getting too slow and i accidently broke it. can somebody tell me what this is? thats what i broke. i am not computer savvy...
4512.jpg

anyway im asking because i had a lot of good articles saved on the fz6 and one of them was from this site. it was a scanned shootout between the fz6, xj6, hornet 600 and more. does anybody have a link to it? if not i'll just have to fix the old computer and find it.

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
That is your hard drive. The exposed pins are for the power connector. I'm in IT and I've never seen anyone do this. I think you might be SOL...

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
That is your hard drive. The exposed pins are for the power connector. I'm in IT and I've never seen anyone do this. I think you might be SOL...

SOL meaning what..... and how do i go about fixing it? yeah it was a stupid and clumsy mistake obviously, this i know....

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
Impressive that you broke that!
Easiest solution is to buy a identical hard drive and replace the board on the top I guess. Without seeing it in person do is at your own risk!

Otherwise you'll need to take it to a data recovery place and get them to transfer the data to a new drive.

Ravenfz09

Reaction score
Visit site
its hard to explain how i screwed the plug up, but yeah the computer still turns on but it says "no boot device available" which im assuming means the hard drive

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
if you still have the other piece (the piece that snapped off inside the cable), you may be able to flatten the connecting pins on the plastic and connect it up again. keep in mind you should do so at your own risk. i would recommend that if you do decide to try it, use an external enclosure, rather than messing about inside the desktop where you'll want to get a replacement hard drive anyway. good luck.