62 mph and curves...

lilfuzz

Team Shenanigens
Reaction score
Visit site
As far as I can remember. Taking a curve to fast will put you right off the edge of the road and in a world of hurt. Pics of my R to come. Only bad thing that really happened in the whole wreck was my helmet came off as I was sliding on my back across the ground!!

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch! Hope you are ok, same for the bike. Taking a corner too fast will tend to do that. I am still new and have been taking curves a bit on the slow side if I'm not familiar with them. Much to the annoyance of some cars behind me from time to time, but better to ride at your level than accommodate some random person that just wants to go faster to save a few seconds on their trip.

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
If you are not familiar with the roads, you shouldn't be riding to fast anyway. But if you are like me, sometimes the adrenaline rush is all that counts.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Take your time and get experience. Ride your own ride and don't get pushed into an uncomfortable situation.

Make sure your tires are the type to do more aggressive riding and make sure they're scrubbed in. Don't ride in turns on tires that have large unused strips (commonly called chicken strips) Get rid of that strip a little at a time. I call that unused strip, "Ice" Get rid of that ice a little at a time. Try to find open see through turns that you can increase your skills on. In other words it's better to be able to see whether there is traffic so you have the option of not trying something new in a turn. I think just getting out and getting experience riding will always improve your skills. Get opinions and experience from others here on the forum.

Have Fun!
Cliff

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
I would say it was the wrong size to begin with. A helmet should fit on your head snug so things like this don't happen I would also put the strap not being on tite as part of the problem

lilfuzz

Team Shenanigens
Reaction score
Visit site
My helmet fits right. the dealership sells these little quick coneector things for like 9 bucks. They swear by them. Well some how upon impact it came unbuckeled, as I was sliding on my back.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My helmet fits right. the dealership sells these little quick coneector things for like 9 bucks. They swear by them. Well some how upon impact it came unbuckeled, as I was sliding on my back.
Maybe you should take it back? It could of been disastrous if you unprotected head hit the deck.

Nelly

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Man, that is some scary stuff. I'm glad you didn't bean the brain.

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
There is absolutely nothing cool about a helmet coming off in a crash! I would take it back and write a letter to the local news to do a piece on it so people dont continue to buy it. In WA. you can get Jesse, LOL. He goes around testing products and giving reviews on the news. Just my thoughts.

lilfuzz

Team Shenanigens
Reaction score
Visit site
Give me jesse's info and I will get ahold of him. So the damage is... Road rash on my back, severe headache for 2 days, minor contusion, and I cant get my right arm above my chest. The bike is all scuffed up and the plastic broke right above the mirror on the right side. AND IT PUT A SCRATCH IN MY NEW TBR EXHAUST!!!!!! Ride safe guys.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Give me jesse's info and I will get ahold of him. So the damage is... Road rash on my back, severe headache for 2 days, minor contusion, and I cant get my right arm above my chest. The bike is all scuffed up and the plastic broke right above the mirror on the right side. AND IT PUT A SCRATCH IN MY NEW TBR EXHAUST!!!!!! Ride safe guys.
I had too break a few bones and take the pain of plenty of road rash before I learned to respect my bikes too.....still got backed over by a van a couple month's ago...if your on two wheel's your gonna get hurt sooner or later...:eyebrow::D