25 Cent FE as requested

jazzpaintball

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all.

Greetings from Iraq. You have to bare with me through this mod for I have already done the mod, but I am unable to take step by step pictures due to me being 8300 miles away from her. I will try to tell and describe the process as well as possible with pictures i will pull from the net.

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW, THESE PICTURES ARE NOT OF THE ACTUAL ITEMS, SEE DESCRIPTION AND YOU WILL UNDERSTAND.

First off, you need to remove your stock fender. Make sure to keep all of your nuts, bolts, and screws and is best to separate them and label them if you easily forget where different things go/came from.

ALSO, you need to determine whether or not you are going to put on after market LED turn signals. My FE is best done with the LED turn signals and can be used with stock with further modification, but it is not shown in this tutorial.

The first thing you need is to get a 'Blank' angle bracket. Something like IMAGE 1 but with no pre-drilled holes in it. It should be aluminum for easy cutting and have 2 inch sides. you only need to buy a 6 inch piece and you will trim some off. my local hardware store told me a scrap 6 inch piece for 25 cents.

now your stock fender had two connection points to the bike. one towards the front of the bike, and one off shot bracket to the rear. you will not be doing anything to this rear off shot bracket, so remove the extension bracket and leave it off to the side.

There is two bolt holes from the front connection point. This is where the new FE will connect to. place the angle bracket under the front connection and center it with the angle facing towards you. then mark the bracket through the holes so that you know where you need to drill the holes at.

OK, now back to the fender. you need to remove a couple pieces to reuse on the new FE. One of these is the license plate bracket, and the other is the license plate light assembly. KEEP THE SCREW/NUTS/BOLTS!! (i didnt and had to go digging through the trash :spank: )

OK, now to mark 4 more holes to drill. Take the license plate bracket and center it on the angle bracket. The license bracket should be angling downwards ( /------------\ ) and the wholes should be marked towards the bottom of the angle bracket. make the holes as close as you can to the edge leaving about 1/16 of an inch of aluminum from the edge of the bracket to the side of the drilled hole. last drill marks will be for the license plate light centered on the top of the angle bracket side and flush with the top of the angle bracket.

Now that all of your marks are done, drill the holes. After that, you may trim up the sides with a hack-saw to conceal the angle bracket a little bit more.

Now for the turn signals

Make sure to buy the ones that have a nut/bolt system to attach it to the bike (IMAGE 2)

Now this is a little tricky :D. Take the license plate bracket and you will notice the slots that the license plate bolts to are longer than the plate itself. This makes the whole process possible. Take a vice grip or alike and bend the ends 90 degrees. This allows the LED turn signals you bough to be attached to your newly make FE.

Place it all together (make sure the license plate bracket curves downward) and it will come in together nicely. The new LED turn signals will blink faster than the previous conventional light bulbs. You can either keep this quick blink, or for 2 dollars worth of equipment and about 1.5 hours of work, you can get it back to roughly 60 blinks a minute. I will post a how to on that later also.

I hope this helps out at least 1 person, for then it was worth the time writing.

And again, i am sorry for not having the easy guideline pictures to follow.

Thanks for bearing with me. :D

mib7289

Reaction score
Visit site
this is awesome man you saved me a ton of money. anyway you earlier said that you knew a little about the electrical components of slowing down the blink. i already have a high blink rate b/c i replaced my front signals. if i change the back ones too is it going to cause me to have an even higher rate of "blinkage"?