24k Air Filter change.

Chephren

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there fellow bikers, I did or thought I'd posted earlier but I can't find it so I'm guessing I didn't post it.

My '98 FZS600 probably hasn't had a service in a while as the plugs were rusty and in desperate need of change so I've done the plugs, oil, oil filter and next will be the air filter.

When I give it a big handful I get a deep droning sound like it's having trouble getting air through although it seems to run ok, does that sound like it's time for a new filter or is that deep beasty noise normal?

I'm looking at K&N filters but are they worth spending twice as much? Is the performance noticeably better or is it worth sticking to a standard filter?

Obviously I'd go for K&N just for quality and the name but are they really worth the extra money?

Thanks again in advance, sorry for all the questions I am learning quickly :)

patrickb37

Reaction score
Visit site
I would not spend extra on a K&N. Get an OEM replacement (or equivalent). OEMs design the factory air filter to flow as much as is needed. A K&N might flow more, but if the OEM isn't a restriction then it's not going to matter.

Chephren

Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers guys,
I'll get an OEM, they're around £20 and K&N start at nearly £40 so if it's not gonna make any difference I'll stick with the cheaper version.

Thanks again :)