2009 FZ6RC Dragons Tail Meet

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, just wanted to bring this up again since it is getting close.

Would yall be interested in getting together with Darrly Cannon, aka Killboy, to get a group photo. Pretty sure that would get us on the front page of the site which could generate some more members if our name gets out there like that.

I just need to let him know for sure.

-bryan

Thats cool by me too... i think we need to figure out what day the most people will be there, both staying at the houses and those dropping in for the day.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok well I will shoot Darryl and email confirming this and a location if he is still available. Looking at the calender he looks pretty full.

But I will let you all know.

-bryan

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
a group picture would be great, and also some other's off any thing else that goes on. I have a BLACK-BERRY cell phone that takes both pictures and video's, so after the RC is over I will post the m on here and on YOUTUBE. Some of you guy's/gal's know that I have been having a problem with the charging system so the bike is at the dealer looking into that and i also told them i want fully sync. oil and check all the fluids and if the bike need brakes that will be done as well. I just ordered a 1pc YAMAHA leather suit so I am looking forward to that. The one question I have is, I bought motorcycle boots back in 07 and stupid me I ordered dirt bike boots (feels like i am on sky boots) instead of street bike boots. Where can I get a good pair of boots that are soft and flexible that comes up to the calf, and at the same time a pair that i can feel the shifter.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
The best boots on the market in my opinon are AlpineStars. I used them when I rode and raced dirtbikes.

With any boot, you will have less feel than compared to a tennis shoe, but the protection is the main thing. It will take some time to break the boots in, but my Alpines have never took long. If you are going to get some, I would suggest doing that quickly and looking into some solutions to break in the boots. Thinks like mink oil and other leather treatments.

-bryan

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
2546476151_12bbc47835_b.jpg

W

wrightme43

a group picture would be great, and also some other's off any thing else that goes on. I have a BLACK-BERRY cell phone that takes both pictures and video's, so after the RC is over I will post the m on here and on YOUTUBE. Some of you guy's/gal's know that I have been having a problem with the charging system so the bike is at the dealer looking into that and i also told them i want fully sync. oil and check all the fluids and if the bike need brakes that will be done as well. I just ordered a 1pc YAMAHA leather suit so I am looking forward to that. The one question I have is, I bought motorcycle boots back in 07 and stupid me I ordered dirt bike boots (feels like i am on sky boots) instead of street bike boots. Where can I get a good pair of boots that are soft and flexible that comes up to the calf, and at the same time a pair that i can feel the shifter.

I really really really like my Sidi B2 boots 230$ for the price I think they cant be beat.

I have slid on pavement with them and took a motorcycle to the achiles tendon and suffered no damage or even pain. Outstanding boot. I also wear them for 11 hours a day at work and they are comfortable. If I had unlimited money I would get the vertigo air though.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site

Because of some other purchases I had to make for this trip I didn't have the cash to spend on some of the more expensive boots. I was sorely tempted to get some closeout sidi's but they were still too pricey. Depending on your size you may want to check out these for a little over $100:
TCX SS Performance 2 Racing Motorcycle Boots :: New Enough, LTD

That is what I purchased and I am very happy with them. They do not offer as much protection as a track boot but do have decent ankle and shin protection for a street boot.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok now that it's coming soon i just ordered a YAMAHA 2pc leather suit with all the bells and whistles or the whole 9 yards, it came today. I put it on and the suit fit like a glove. The material is great, i bought the RED (of course) 2pc suit that i can take the jacket off. I will post the pictures. Now all that's rest is a pair off boots and a rear tyre. I have the SHINKO on the rear which is ok, but in the past I had the stock DUNLOPS and the sides were just eaten alive ("SQUARING IS AN UNDER STATEMENT) SO i bout the METZLER M3 which where sticky as can be and then another screw went in the tire(the to times that i had the tyre problem was when i left the dealership "BOTH TIMES". So when i brought the bike back this time i mad the service manager come out and look at the bike and showed him there were no more screws. This time they said that the resonator reservoir was no good( i have no idea and i probably spell it wrong, can anyone tell me what that does for the charging system.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I really really really like my Sidi B2 boots 230$ for the price I think they cant be beat.

I have slid on pavement with them and took a motorcycle to the achiles tendon and suffered no damage or even pain. Outstanding boot. I also wear them for 11 hours a day at work and they are comfortable. If I had unlimited money I would get the vertigo air though.

Steve, are they flexible in the toe area, like with my feet on the pegs can i feel the shifter on the foot or can it be adjusted for a basic swing over so I don't have to lift the toe to high and mis a gear or not being able to feel the shift smoothly.

W

wrightme43

They are exactly perfect for riding. Thats what Sidi does. There motto is Perfection has its price. They mean and do a outstanding job of making top of the line boots that feel like a extension of your body. Like Held does for gloves, Shoei, Arai, Suomy, AGV, and Shark do for helmets. It costs a bit extra but you dont have to buy them again.

Also get rid of the Shinko tire dude. They are Cheng Shinn tires, and are basicly cheap junk, in my very opinionated and jerk like opinion.

The sting of price on a quality item is forgotten quickly, then unhappiness of money spent on something crappy lasts a long time.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted to share this ride with you that are coming and have extra days available. This is a GREAT ride outside of the Dragon and will give you two long legs of technical riding. This is a Garmin GPS route. If your GPS supports route planning, download this and have a look in Mapsource. This will take you to Bridal Veil Falls where those pics I took are from. A good day's ride!

Enjoy the trip all! Ride safe and have a great time here!

View attachment 16903

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the file Eric. I'll download and take a look at it when I get home.

The scenery is amazing down there isn't it.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the file Eric. I'll download and take a look at it when I get home.

The scenery is amazing down there isn't it.

Astounding! There seems to be no hurry here... no road rage either. Must be all the breathtaking views people have to gaze at. No matter where you go, there's a vista, an overlook or an attraction to see.

I wouldn't mind moving here, at least somewhere within a couple hours of Deal's Gap anyway!

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Welp, The Bike Gods' gave me a nice little warning yesterday on my ride in the Asheville area. Fortunitly there was very minimal damage to the bike, fairing will need to replaced at some point due to a couple cracks. However, this will not need to be done too soon. I made it do the dirt, so no asphalt contact and I walked away with just my ego bruised...

Nice little warning before I spend a week doing what I love. It was well heeded, thats for sure. Can't wait to get up there and meet all you folks and do some good riding!

Is is June 3rd yet?

-bryan