2009 FZ6RC Dragons Tail Meet

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I checked the weather last night and the forecast has already changed since then.

Why isn't there more activity in this thread? 6 days left for me!! Aren't you guys excited yet? Maybe it is because it is my first long distance bike trip. I feel like I have a million things left to do.

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
I depart for TN next tuesday but right now have been focused on track day here saturday!! Yep, track day on saturday and then off to Deals Gap for the trip. Pretty good 10 days ahead for me and the FZ6. Just changed the oil, new hoops installed (power 2ct's) and new springs installed about 3 weeks ago. Things are lookin good!!!

necrotimus

Reaction score
Visit site
I depart for TN next tuesday but right now have been focused on track day here saturday!! Yep, track day on saturday and then off to Deals Gap for the trip. Pretty good 10 days ahead for me and the FZ6. Just changed the oil, new hoops installed (power 2ct's) and new springs installed about 3 weeks ago. Things are lookin good!!!

Wow! you are gunna need a second set of tires when you are done! Good luck on the track :rockon:

mkjeld76

USCG Retired
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm planning on rolling in Thursday afternoon and leaving Monday morning I'm ready for a get away. It's been raining all week off and on it's been hit or miss on my commute yesterday morning was a hit walked around with wet pants and shirt. I ordered some Frogg Toggs last night should have them for the trip. Which means if I pack them it won't rain on us. When do we find out which cabin were in?

-mike

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
The only cabin we have for Thursday night is the Ridge. It looks like it's going to be a packed night on Thursday. I didn't realize we were going to have so many show up a day early.:D Once we get the Point on Friday half the people can head over there. It's only a short walk so it's not a big deal.

I'm really hoping for no rain on Thursday. I really want to get all I can out of the class.

necrotimus

Reaction score
Visit site
The only cabin we have for Thursday night is the Ridge. It looks like it's going to be a packed night on Thursday. I didn't realize we were going to have so many show up a day early.:D Once we get the Point on Friday half the people can head over there. It's only a short walk so it's not a big deal.

I'm really hoping for no rain on Thursday. I really want to get all I can out of the class.

Just think how much confidence we will have after riding in the rain all day :)

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Rain gear will be packed regardless. Hopefully we can get lucky.

I am getting stoked.

So for food and all is everything covered with the 100.00 entry?

-bryan

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Rain gear will be packed regardless. Hopefully we can get lucky.

I am getting stoked.

So for food and all is everything covered with the 100.00 entry?

-bryan

We should be very close Brian. With the 300 we collect at the event we will be covered.

necrotimus

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know if you guys have been following this thread but I will be transporting the bag from VA to the Gap and no one has volunterred to move it further yet.

The rule is it must be transported on an FZ6 so if you are trailering in you won't be able to move it. Let me know if you are interested in transporting it.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
We should be very close Brian. With the 300 we collect at the event we will be covered.

And that is coming from the three people that are paying when they get there?

Sorry for the 21 questions, just trying to plan ahead for the dent in my bank account next weekend.

-bryan

mkjeld76

USCG Retired
Reaction score
Visit site

Anthony I can ride up Friday morning I'm only riding from Chattanooga and can get in a good ride coming in. Let us know what the schedule will be Friday as far as everyone meeting for the picture at 6pm I'll take the skyway on the way in and should arrive around noon.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Anthony I can ride up Friday morning I'm only riding from Chattanooga and can get in a good ride coming in. Let us know what the schedule will be Friday as far as everyone meeting for the picture at 6pm I'll take the skyway on the way in and should arrive around noon.

I'm sorry that came off wrong, I didn't mean it negatively. Please come up Thursday man, we'll have a blast.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
And that is coming from the three people that are paying when they get there?

Sorry for the 21 questions, just trying to plan ahead for the dent in my bank account next weekend.

-bryan

Yea, there are three paying when we get there. That will go towards food for the weekend.

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know if you guys have been following this thread but I will be transporting the bag from VA to the Gap and no one has volunterred to move it further yet.

The rule is it must be transported on an FZ6 so if you are trailering in you won't be able to move it. Let me know if you are interested in transporting it.

I can bring it back to Louisville.

W

wrightme43

I should be there wendsday night late.
Scorpions installed
Just finished wet sanding the bike for paint on sunday.
Convertibars in box trying to find time for install.
Clutch cable and new tank o-ring waiting for install.
3rd set of frame sliders waiting for install.
Tires are about halfway but thats just the way it has to be this year.

Asshat who hit my bike priceless. Its fixed and I got bike stuff.

No time for nothing though. Terry is on vacation this week and we already work to many hours. LOL I am looking forward to seeing everybody.

Steve

necrotimus

Reaction score
Visit site
I should be there wendsday night late.
Scorpions installed
Just finished wet sanding the bike for paint on sunday.
Convertibars in box trying to find time for install.
Clutch cable and new tank o-ring waiting for install.
3rd set of frame sliders waiting for install.
Tires are about halfway but thats just the way it has to be this year.

Asshat who hit my bike priceless. Its fixed and I got bike stuff.

No time for nothing though. Terry is on vacation this week and we already work to many hours. LOL I am looking forward to seeing everybody.

Steve

Glad you will be able to make it after all the crap you've had to go through this past year. Look forward to meeting you. :)

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
OK Guys I'm leaving in a couple days so now is probably a good time to swap phone numbers. I'll pm Wrightme43 mine and he will then forward mine and his to Shaggy and so on and on and on and on. Just forward the original message to the next person in line with your number. If you don't want to give your number can you can just forward it to the next person in line please. g.lowtharp should forward the completed list back to me then we will be set.

Thanks

Ant_mb (Anthony)
Wrightme43 (Steve)
Shaggystyle (Mark)
JimKaram (Jim)
Desi_FZ6 (Arvind)
mkjeld76 (Michael)
Gosling1 (Joseph)
mpb218 (mike)
opds9091(Dominic)
kellybt1052 (Brian)
bmccrary (Bryan)