2009 FZ6RC Dragons Tail Meet

Steve,
There was talk last year of scheduling a Lee Parks class for the group (or a part of the group). Has that been discussed or investigated or have I missed it? I probably won't be staying with the group but I am planning on being there at least part of the time. If the Lee Parks thing is still a possibility, I would definitely be interested in that.

A little bored at work today, got to Dragon thinking and web surfing. Looks like the SV group is going to be in the area the same weekend. Perhaps a good opportunity to clearly demonstrate the folly of choosing an SV over the FZ:rockon:. Or we could extend an olive branch in the name of SPORT touring bikes. Either way, June can not come soon enough!!!

Steve,
There was talk last year of scheduling a Lee Parks class for the group (or a part of the group). Has that been discussed or investigated or have I missed it? I probably won't be staying with the group but I am planning on being there at least part of the time. If the Lee Parks thing is still a possibility, I would definitely be interested in that.

YES it is possible, I have been doing the classes there and started a thread in another part of the forum, I will cut and paste here.

There has been some mention of some members participating in the Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic that has been offered in Robbinsville North Carolina During the rally.

I am the person who scheduled and organized the classes for the last two years, and I traveled there from New York to teach them as well. Was not sure if I was going to do it again this year but it seams there might be enough interest between the SV Folks and the members here. Here are some of the details.

I met a couple of you at Ron and Nancy's last year, But I do not remember who? I am one of the instructors for the Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic, I organized and have done the classes in Robbinsville for the last couple of seasons and while I currently do not have any planned I have recently had several members from the SV Riders Board inquire so I have decided to make it happen again this season.

My Plans will most likely be to Drive down from New York the weekend before and get set up for classes. You can learn more about the class Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic In the past I have stayed with Ron and Nancy, So I will check into that as well and will be close to many of you. I Originally started doing classes there on this week for the FZ1 group of which I am a member and it has really grown. I did three classes last year and still had a waiting list. One of the members on the SV Board wrote a review of their experience, you can view it here Lee Parks Total Control Clinic Review - SVRider Board

Another thread is here
Lee Parks Total Control Clinic Review - SVRider Board

So if we get the plans for this finalized in the next few weeks I can tell you I will trailering down from New York with my Bikes and Equipment, stopping at my Sisters in Maryland and them completing the trip on the Sunday prior to the rally.

Class schedule would most likely be offered on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday So depending on the day you arrive when you want to do it.

Leave me a message here and I will try to keep track of who is interested up until We start taking sign ups.

I started the thread here http://www.600riders.com/forum/upcoming-events/12647-total-control-advanced-riding-clinic.html

I hope to hear back from many of you and get to meet more members at the rally!

YES it is possible, I have been doing the classes there and started a thread in another part of the forum, I will cut and paste here.

There has been some mention of some members participating in the Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic that has been offered in Robbinsville North Carolina During the rally.

I am the person who scheduled and organized the classes for the last two years, and I traveled there from New York to teach them as well. Was not sure if I was going to do it again this year but it seams there might be enough interest between the SV Folks and the members here. Here are some of the details.

I met a couple of you at Ron and Nancy's last year, But I do not remember who? I am one of the instructors for the Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic, I organized and have done the classes in Robbinsville for the last couple of seasons and while I currently do not have any planned I have recently had several members from the SV Riders Board inquire so I have decided to make it happen again this season.

My Plans will most likely be to Drive down from New York the weekend before and get set up for classes. You can learn more about the class Total Control Advanced Riding Clinic In the past I have stayed with Ron and Nancy, So I will check into that as well and will be close to many of you. I Originally started doing classes there on this week for the FZ1 group of which I am a member and it has really grown. I did three classes last year and still had a waiting list. One of the members on the SV Board wrote a review of their experience, you can view it here Lee Parks Total Control Clinic Review - SVRider Board

Another thread is here
Lee Parks Total Control Clinic Review - SVRider Board

So if we get the plans for this finalized in the next few weeks I can tell you I will trailering down from New York with my Bikes and Equipment, stopping at my Sisters in Maryland and them completing the trip on the Sunday prior to the rally.

Class schedule would most likely be offered on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday So depending on the day you arrive when you want to do it.

Leave me a message here and I will try to keep track of who is interested up until We start taking sign ups.

I started the thread here http://www.600riders.com/forum/upcoming-events/12647-total-control-advanced-riding-clinic.html

I hope to hear back from many of you and get to meet more members at the rally!

Rock on man!!

I was one of the guys you met in Ron and Nancys' garage. I am the skinny one, my name is Steve. Mike was the tall bald one, and Nate was the younger guy.

I wish I had the money to take that class but I am just very poor this year. Thats just the way it is. Maybe something will change between now and then though.

I am really interested in the class. I am going to be at the rally, i will be there on Thursday afternoon. I am coming from southwest Florida and the ride there is 12 hours give or take the "IRON BUTT", i will be leaving FL on that Wednesday evening and should get there on Thursday morning (hopefully), and i will try to get some money put away for it, but if i cant i will ride with some of the people who know the area, but let's see what happens. When would you need to know and when would you need the money?

Cool man, count me in. I'm thinking the Wed or Thurs class. Let me know when you have finalized the details.

I will get the details finalized in the next 10 to 14 days. There will be at least a Wednesday and Thursday Class and if there is enough interest also a Tuesday Class.

I Recommend that anyone planning to take the class get in at least the night before the class. The Class is very demanding and you need to be rested and ready to ride.

I am also getting feedback from the SV Group who will also be part of these Classes. The Class will be open to all riders, but preference will be given to the members of the rally for that week.

Not to change the subject or anything. But if you can get your hands on one, the feb 09' issue of RoadRunner has an article about riding through Bryson City and surrounding areas! A nice read to get you all itching for June some more...

-bryan

I just found what the Dragons Tail was yesterday and found this thread today. After reading through the tread are there still slots open and what is the estimated cost for the three nights right now? Any other information is helpful!!

I just found what the Dragons Tail was yesterday and found this thread today. After reading through the tread are there still slots open and what is the estimated cost for the three nights right now? Any other information is helpful!!

There is plenty of room man. We are taking 100 deposits to reserve a spot. We have 11 who have paid so far, if no one else comes that puts the total at about 145 per person for 3 days with food. This will come down as more pay. Last year it was right around 100 bucks a person for the three nights.

There is plenty of room man. We are taking 100 deposits to reserve a spot. We have 11 who have paid so far, if no one else comes that puts the total at about 145 per person for 3 days with food. This will come down as more pay. Last year it was right around 100 bucks a person for the three nights.

That sounds good. I might call a buddy and see if he is interested. Unfortunately finals for spring quarter start on the 8th so I need to figure out what I am going to do about that.

Hey everyone, i might have another person coming with me, she's my girlfriend and it is so funny to look at her riding, she is 4'11" and way's 98 pounds and she just bought a R6, they had to do some serious lowering it for her and her tippy toes are on the floor. She's crazy, that's her first bike and it's a R6. I will be taking her to some empty parking lot's to train her on riding tips. She is going to let me know by the end of the week, so if she is in i will pay for her. As far as the bedrooms, do the rooms have one bed or two beds in the room. I can't wait till JUNE, we will have a nice group and the other guys and gal's from the other bikes as well.

Back