2009 FZ6RC Dragons Tail Meet

I will not be there this year with you guys:( My son graduates from high school on June 6th)

It was great last year and I know you will have an excellent time this year.

-----------------
that said I will be in that area in May with a group so at least I will get to ride the twisties again

Be Safe

I will not be there this year with you guys:( My son graduates from high school on June 6th)

-----------------
that said I will be in that area in May with a group so at least I will get to ride the twisties again

Be Safe

I guess that excuse will suffice... j/k.

Does your son have any plans of college? If so, where and what? From what I hear, engineering seems to be holding up ;).

-bryan

Ok So I fixed it.

Deals Gap Ride Page

I put together my route to get the cabins a little while back. I thought I would share will you all to see if any of you will coming in a similar way there at the end. Wondering if anyone wants to meet up at some point and ride in together. I am planning on stoping somewhere around asheville to top off the tank.

Hopefully I will be leaving on Thursday. If the cabins will be available thursday night? Cant remember if they are or not. If not, then Friday.

-bryan

Last edited:
I think Anthony has it worked out where the Ridge will be Thursday noonish-Monday 10ish am and the Point Friday noonish-Monday 10ish am.

You would have to ask him though. I am just chief cook and bottle washer this year. I love to cook though so its all good to me.

I guess that excuse will suffice... j/k.

Does your son have any plans of college? If so, where and what? From what I hear, engineering seems to be holding up ;).

-bryan

Yes....he is trying to decide between University of Central Florida (UCF) honors college and the University of Florida

he has been accepted at both..... he will be studying Business Finance

I think Anthony has it worked out where the Ridge will be Thursday noonish-Monday 10ish am and the Point Friday noonish-Monday 10ish am.

You would have to ask him though. I am just chief cook and bottle washer this year. I love to cook though so its all good to me.

Steve's got it right. We've got the Ridge for the extra day.

-----------------

Be Safe

That's both good and bad news Mike. Good that your son is starting a new chapter in his life, and bad for us. I had a really great time hanging out with you last year and was hoping to do the same this year.

Bad news for me, something has come up and I most likely won't be able to make it. I am in the Air Guard and I was going to do a SUTA instead of the UTA (which falls on that weekend) but just found out that since I am going to Qatar later in the year the UTA is mandatory for processing and such. If anything changes I will let you all know.

Ok cool deal. I will try to be there by Thursday, hopefully.

Was anyone able to open the map up?

-bryan

no i couldn't open it. I will be coming from southwest Florida, basically i will going up I-75 and from there i will have to use a map. Map-quest tells me it will be a 12-13 hour ride, so i will leave midnight on Wednesday to get there by lunch-ish. It would be nice to know who is going when and were, so for the people who get there on Wednesday can hook up and the same for Thursday and so on. As it gets closer, we should have head count for each day so we could plan things out. Just my .54 cents worth.

no i couldn't open it. I will be coming from southwest Florida, basically i will going up I-75 and from there i will have to use a map. Map-quest tells me it will be a 12-13 hour ride, so i will leave midnight on Wednesday to get there by lunch-ish. It would be nice to know who is going when and were, so for the people who get there on Wednesday can hook up and the same for Thursday and so on. As it gets closer, we should have head count for each day so we could plan things out. Just my .54 cents worth.

Ok I found a way around this. I just added a page real quick on my school webpage.

check it out here.

Deals Gap Ride Page

-bryan

So those that get there on Thursday will stay at the ridge, and the ones that come in Friday will have to put their stuff in that house till around 4 when the second house becomes available? How far apart are the two houses?

-bryan

So those that get there on Thursday will stay at the ridge, and the ones that come in Friday will have to put their stuff in that house till around 4 when the second house becomes available? How far apart are the two houses?

-bryan

You can throw a rock and hit the house. It's one BIG complex, with Ron and Nancy house on it as well. I thought it would be better to just get the one house for the extra night. We can all hang out at the Ridge on Thursday and figure out living arrangments on Friday once everyone arrives. I know the point is a nicer and newer place, but I would prefer to stay in the ridge. The garage of the Ridge is the freakin party spot man!

Jim, thanks for those links, the 2nd one is the way i will go, i will get on 75N near my house, and then i will just follow the directions to the tail. Ounce i get there i will go to the house that we have on Thursday which is the ridge and meet up with the early bunch. Do we know how will be there on Thursday? IS IT JUNE YET.

Last edited:
they wont mind if we are a little early on friday. The cleaning is usually done by noon. then it just sits empty till people show up. Ron and Nancy are both extra super cool, just take care of thier property and enjoy yourself. They want people to come back every year. It allows them to live in a very nice home, and have lots of bikes and time to ride. We get to have a great place to stay and no worries. It works out good for everybody.

Back