2009 fz1

pooty

Reaction score
Visit site
saturday i purchased a 2009 fz1. the salesman told me this is the last year of the fz6 as we know it. the rest will be the fz6r. almost got the 2009 fz6--black because of that. but i am 2-up alot so the fz1 i chose. charcoal granite gray. plan on keeping it stock. if y'all dont mind i would like to hang around. great bunch here. have visited and registered in the fz1 forum but there isnt a place for introductions i have seen. fz1 puts alot of heat out. and i do mss my fz6. but i got a good deal on the '09.:thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Of course you can hang around, heck they let me hang around. :D

Gotta post photos, FZ1 are amazing bikes! :thumbup:

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
Hold the phone! Isn't anybody just a tad curious about:

the salesman told me this is the last year of the fz6 as we know it. the rest will be the fz6r.

Sounds like he's sayin our Fizzer will go quetly into the night, replaced instead of supplemented by the "R". Everything else I have seen is to the contrary. Anybody got details?

Oh yeah: :welcome:

pooty

Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations on the new bike!

And oh! :needpics:

haha i knew that was coming. my hp software for the camera locked up the puter so i am looking for a new camera as well. i tried to post pics---
yes the salesman told me this face to face. knowing i loved my fz6 and that he had a 09 fz6 there. thanks for lettimg me stick around--and will have pics soon. everybody is the best here.

S

sm00thpapa

Congratz on the new bike, that's the one I wanted but I'm a noob and settled for the FZ6R.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: and congrats! Hope you get the camera sorted out. We want to see it!

Enjoy the bike and ride safe! :D

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Someone posted something similar about a month ago about the FZ6 being discontinued, but a statement from Yamaha was linked stating that the FZ6 has a strong role in the Yamaha line-up and they have no intention of stopping production.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I heard at the dealer that the FZ6 was doomed for the US but will remain in other countries. The FZ6R was designed to appeal to the US crowd as the replacement because the faired bikes sell better here in the US than naked/semi-naked bikes. I really have no idea if the guy was speaking some unplublished truth or not though.

Time will tell.... Sad day in the US if that is the case!

S

sm00thpapa

Well maybe if the FZ6 goes away in the US the R model may get more power and might not be a noob bike anymore. But I don't know, so far the R has had a lot of sales to noobs and that means money in Yamaha's pocket. So only time will tell what happens with the FZ6.

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
haha i knew that was coming. my hp software for the camera locked up the puter so i am looking for a new camera as well. i tried to post pics---

Yeah well, that's still not a good enough reason :Flip: . J/k! Congratulations on the new bike none the less!

gt89stang393

Reaction score
Visit site
Think about it from a business prospective though, someone doesn't want a FZ6R, the next step up would be the R6S which is $1700 more than the FZ6R, or $1500 from an FZ6. I can see why they would do this, however I wish they wouldn't, the FZ6 is an awesome bike, I bought mine because it wasn't a full fairing bike, which is why I would look towards an FZ1 if I ever upgrade.

S

sm00thpapa

For some reason I do not like naked bikes. A fairing gives a bike a more sporty look which is what I want in a bike. I'm a noob so I really don't know what the future holds as far as bikes for me. I might just hang onto my FZ6R until it falls apart. I did purchase the 5 year extended warranty, so I might as well hold onto it for at least 5 years before any upgrade. But I can dream can't I....;)

eagle1909

The EAgle
Reaction score
Visit site
I have been looking into an FZ1, local dealership has a nice red one for sale. But my lingering question is, is it really a lot faster?? It has about 40 more hp?? But it has a lot more weight. From what I have read the 0-60 times are not all that better than the fz6. With that being said, please feel free to disagree.

At this point the reason I would get one, would be the improved comfort of a bigger bike.