2,250 miles, 5 days of riding, 1 day of rest, 3 states, 4 friends

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
So they did let you pump it yourself. They just had to turn it on. It's better than them actually pumping fuel into your bike.

There is no self service in the state of Oregon, it's a law. But it seems that it's a standard practice to let motorcyclist pump their own fuel. Wonder why?

Perhaps it's because as bikers we'd kick their a$$ if they spilled fuel on or scratched our ride. Really.

I have used my own card and filled the gas in Lakeview Or. That's the only town I have been able to do that in Oregon.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a great trip. You should have looked me up while you were here in Oregon and Washington. I rode with Vegas Rider when he came through. Thanks for sharing and it looks like you had a great time. Next time look up MXGOLF. :BLAA:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Ahem, days 4 & 5?

Day 4 was off the bike in Portland with my friends that live there.

DAY 5 Pretty sure we did over 500 miles

Portland, OR to the southeast corner of Portland, on the California boarder.

Leaving Portland my friend and his girlfriend joined us for about the first 150 miles. Nice D suit.
4783787406_bee543ffe9_b.jpg

Saw lots of snow....when this shot was taken I was at about 225 miles on my tank (with luggage and riding quickly). Did quite a bit of coasting downhill to the first gas station we found. Heh. :)
4783788142_9330f59570_b.jpg

Not too shabby for July
4783154299_6827493ed3_b.jpg

SE Oregon reminded me of parts of Death Valley...did 90+ mph for miles at a time on some of the really long stretches
5194263802_165c77e369_b.jpg

Camped right on the Oregon/California boarder...watched the fireworks from our campsite and drank a few more beers than normal since we were parting ways in the morning knowing that we probably won't get to hang out or ride together again for a couple years.
4783154847_0157563269_b.jpg

DAY 6 Rode about 400 miles by myself back to San Francisco. Just rode and rode and got home at a decent hour. This is the only picture I took.

Name that mountain:
4783790580_f3440d51b1_b.jpg

Last edited:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the awesome pics and write up:cheer:. Dunno how I missed this one until now:confused:.

That's definitely some beautiful country for riding in:thumbup:.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the awesome pics and write up:cheer:. Dunno how I missed this one until now:confused:.

That's definitely some beautiful country for riding in:thumbup:.

Ditto! Great post! Thank you for sharing.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Nate, your riding adventures are just epic. I need to get some time set aside to ride with you again up north next summer. I am strongly considering picking up a used dual-sport to do some off road traveling.

4783790580_f3440d51b1_b.jpg

Looks like Mt. Shasta from a distance.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Nate, your riding adventures are just epic. I need to get some time set aside to ride with you again up north next summer. I am strongly considering picking up a used dual-sport to do some off road traveling.

Looks like Mt. Shasta from a distance.

Thanks, John. Definitely looking forward to the next time you make it up this way. How about a trip that includes June 21st? I'm down for and ST or ADV ride. Gotta love the long days. Might also be interested in doing Utah............or just coming down your way.

Used dual sports are easy to come by and cheap....and tons of fun! Do it!

Yup...that is Shasta. :thumbup:

Last edited: