15 HP for $25.00?

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
I'd go with something more name-brand....power commander, two brothers....etc

That's just personal choice, and I'd want something tested and true. Besides...is the FZ6 not fast enough for ya? :eyebrow:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not a chance... 15hp? We've got members that spend well over $1,000 here on mods and got 6 - 8 hp tops. Please, don't believe them! :D

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd go with something more name-brand....power commander, two brothers....etc

That's just personal choice, and I'd want something tested and true. Besides...is the FZ6 not fast enough for ya? :eyebrow:

That's kinda how I feel. 15 horsies for 25 bucks vs $200-$300 for Power commander. Usually if it sounds too good to be true...
Your last quote is the scariest question I've had to think about lately... but I have to answer, "NO!" :eek: (I thought that when I was done with personal preference / comfort mods, I was done! WRONG! :rockon: )

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your last quote is the scariest question I've had to think about lately... but I have to answer, \"NO!\" :eek: (I thought that when I was done with personal preference / comfort mods, I was done! WRONG! :rockon: )

So..... you've exceeded your riding abilities on the FZ6 and have pushed the bike beyond its OWN capabilities? :rolleyes: :Flash:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
this has been discussed before, general consensus is that these things are just resistors that make the bike think that the air is cold so it dumps more fuel, not goo for the engine or performance on a bike that runs notoriously "Fat" anyway.

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
Not a chance... 15hp? We've got members that spend well over $1,000 here on mods and got 6 - 8 hp tops. Please, don't believe them! :D

I totally agree! I have not read anything on this forum about it, so I probably should have known and answered my own question... I have bought quite a bit off of Ebay, and been pleased, but this ad is really pushing it- IMHO
Thank you, ready

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
So..... you've exceeded your riding abilities on the FZ6 and have pushed the bike beyond its OWN capabilities? :rolleyes: :Flash:

Ouch! I don't want to start a fight. I thought I asked a simple if naive performance question with the intent to learn. My 3/4 ton Ford truck does not operate to it's full capabilties every time I drive it, but I like it, so I keep it. If there was a mod to make it better, faster, more efficient, I would be all over it- once I had seen it work. Back to bikes tho- If you were a newbie to sport biking and saw the ad... would you ask? I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else. I feel the FZ6 is a great bike. Or I would not have bought one. I ride with everything from Harleys to heavily modified 1300's. More HP should = more fun- judging by the mods I see on this forum. Asking your Fizzer to be faster is not blasphemy... I hope...

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch! I don't want to start a fight. I thought I asked a simple if naive performance question with the intent to learn. My 3/4 ton Ford truck does not operate to it's full capabilties every time I drive it, but I like it, so I keep it. If there was a mod to make it better, faster, more efficient, I would be all over it- once I had seen it work. Back to bikes tho- If you were a newbie to sport biking and saw the ad... would you ask? I didn't mean to offend you or anyone else. I feel the FZ6 is a great bike. Or I would not have bought one. I ride with everything from Harleys to heavily modified 1300's. More HP should = more fun- judging by the mods I see on this forum. Asking your Fizzer to be faster is not blasphemy... I hope...

Well, I hope I did not offend you as well! Hence the smilies! :D

I love to ask this of people who want more from the FZ6 when it has sooooooooo much to offer for performance. The only way I see the FZ6 being used to its fullest potential is putting Rossi on it in the FZ6 cup!

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
More HP should = more fun- judging by the mods I see on this forum. Asking your Fizzer to be faster is not blasphemy... I hope...

It all depends...power is the least exciting part of riding motorcycles for me. I like momentum and corner speed. I think adding more power to my FZ6 would only slow me down at the point...maybe some day.

That said, do whatever you want...we may give you our opinion, since this is a forum and all, but it's your bike! :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It aint about HP anyway, i reckon it's all about Torque, best thing i got out of putting on the PCIII and getting it dyno'd, was not just the smoothing of the power delivery and 7 more hp, but more so, it was the increase in torque, bike pulls a lot stronger now, especially under load (pillion & gear).

This is also my reason for not going down the R6 cam route....not that much of an increase in HP, or torque, and it guts your bike in the lower rev range...even with a flow job.

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I hope I did not offend you as well! Hence the smilies! :D

I love to ask this of people who want more from the FZ6 when it has sooooooooo much to offer for performance. The only way I see the FZ6 being used to its fullest potential is putting Rossi on it in the FZ6 cup!

No probs here! And I love smileys- they'll probably show up on my circa '30 model 'puter tomorrow or so! I'm not Rossi, but I'm not riding with him either. Is his bike stock? I easily took my riding bud on a stock ZX1 thru the 1/4. But all that changed when his bike was seriously modified! The rider is still more important. My bike's performance will be modified next, and I know it is crazy to try to beat a liter bike. But I will... or will try real hard!