09 FZ6R front wheel

compmoto

gravity impaired
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a low mileage 09 FZ6R ,and I need a front wheel. Or a rim repair. Does anyone know what other Yamaha model uses this wheel, if any ? Maybe an earlier R6 or FZ6 ? The code on the wheel is : JY2 ...The 2000 model R6,and the 94 YZF600 are NOT gonna work...I have both of those.. Does anyone know of a reputable buisiness that can work the wheel back into straightness ? Thanx for your all knowing wisdom.

Also there are numerous cycle salvage yards on fleebay. You can bet you'll find one there. Do and search and give them a call. . .

the threads provided seem to be for FZ6, which is different, me thinks... no worries though, I bit the big one,and paid Yamadog $345 for a new rim. I did search many breakers, Ebay for 2 months, and found nothing ... I have found the longer one holds onto a bike, it cuts into any profits hoped to be made. The bike is done, inspected, and ready for a new owner... $5000./bo w 29 original miles ... I have pics, and more details. send a pm with your email if interested. Delivery in mid-Atlantic is a potential , depending on price negotiations...let's deal ! I bought all new OEM Yamaha parts for this repair. It turned out well ...:thumbup:
also found this thread below, on the WERA site for a couple of rim repair options, AFTER I bought the new rim ! Wish I'd have known this info prior to buying the wheel. But a bike with 29 miles , should have a NEW rim, not a "repaired" one ... that's just my wallet bitchin' out loud ...

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=281757

Last edited:
You should have searched the forum for sale section and waited for a few more replies.....

That rim, prob could have cost you maybe $100 here. Silly goose!

Back