07+ Full lower fairings in the USA... Finally!

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like that blue one.

Honestly though, part of the appeal of the FZ (in my opinion) was that it was basically naked with minimal body work to give it more of a sporty look than a fully naked bike.

barijack

Reaction score
Visit site
I say BLAH to the naked look. If i could afford the payment and the insurance on a fully faired R model anything then i would certainly upgrade to it. I actually only fell into the seat of an FZ6 due to the fact that it was only one of two used bikes at my shop and was the cheapest. 4400$ 2 yr old FZ6 -vs- a 5800$ R1 that was 7 yrs old. So thats why i chose to put full fairings on mine.

my 2cents

btw i got my ceramic coated headers and pipes tonight along with my powder coated fairing brackets. so i will post pics tomorrow of the whole setup fully assembled. Cant wait to ride it and test out the difference in aerodynamics(if any)...then again, being off of it for over a week now, i cant wait to ride it period...

Stevenator

I'll be back...eventually
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Barijack,

With yhe Powerbronze full lower fairing, would you still be able to use frame sliders without having to cut anything?

barijack

Reaction score
Visit site
if you get a set that has the adapter plates you can. but that goes with any full fairing that i have seen. the fairing on just about all of the kits covers the motor mount hole. no biggie, just get the lil adapter plates that come with some kits.

Iskyone

Reaction score
Visit site
Reiobard - My son has been doing body work for over 10 years, he went to Shawsheen Tech in Billerica. As far as price that's betwenn him and whomever. Let me know what your looking for and I can pass it along.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Reiobard - My son has been doing body work for over 10 years, he went to Shawsheen Tech in Billerica. As far as price that's betwenn him and whomever. Let me know what your looking for and I can pass it along.

it probably won't be until winter or so, but i will be sure to give him a shot t quoting my paint job :)

Iskyone

Reaction score
Visit site
Let me know, And I will let him know as well. Take care. Also just got comfermation my lowers will be here on the 6th. Looking forward to installing on my bike.

Nefilim

Reaction score
Visit site
Where did you get that red rear fender barijack? Is that just the stock plastic powdercoated or is it aftermarket?

And that rear-seat cover/backrest combo - is that Powerbronze too or someone else?

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
I say BLAH to the naked look. If i could afford the payment and the insurance on a fully faired R model anything then i would certainly upgrade to it. I actually only fell into the seat of an FZ6 due to the fact that it was only one of two used bikes at my shop and was the cheapest. 4400$ 2 yr old FZ6 -vs- a 5800$ R1 that was 7 yrs old. So thats why i chose to put full fairings on mine.

my 2cents

btw i got my ceramic coated headers and pipes tonight along with my powder coated fairing brackets. so i will post pics tomorrow of the whole setup fully assembled. Cant wait to ride it and test out the difference in aerodynamics(if any)...then again, being off of it for over a week now, i cant wait to ride it period...

haha, same thinking as me.

One of the reasons why not to choose a sportsbike is because of the sky high insurance premium that would have to be forked out.

As this bike is categorized under "normal road bike", insurance paid was way lesser.

So its kindda like beating the system since im having a full faired fazer but paying a "normal road bike" insurance. hehe:D