06 Seat with "Long-Distance" Gel in drivers portion

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
SOLD

Hey all,

The previous owner had the stock seat sent off and had "long-distance" gel put in the drivers portion of the seat. She never planned on having a passenger so didn't see the need to spend the extra money. She tells me that she spent about $175.00 to have this done. I don't have a stock seat to compare this to comfort-wise... but i took a 3 hour trip to the mountains a few weeks ago without any comfort issues. It seems to do it's job.

Why am I selling you may ask... I recently got a nice little seat from France for fathers-day and no longer need this seat.

let's say $100.00 plus shipping.

here are some pictures of the seat.
HPIM1773.jpg

HPIM1776.jpg

if you look at this pic and the next you can see the dark area in the drivers portion where they took out the stock foam and put the gel in.
HPIM1779.jpg

HPIM1780.jpg

here it was on my bike.
HPIM1489.jpg

Last edited:

Morcs

Reaction score
Visit site
NZ? new zealand? if so, i've never shipped anything internationally.

anyone have a clue what is the best/cheapest international shipper?

Most stuff I get from the states is sent with USPS, and has never failed and always arrived at a good time - most things cost about 30 USD

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
NZ? new zealand? if so, i've never shipped anything internationally.

anyone have a clue what is the best/cheapest international shipper?

I have shipped a lot internationally (ebay queen here on a clutter reduction plan) and always go USPS. :thumbup:

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
ok, it might be thursday before i have a chance to look into it.

two other quick questions... do i need to know more then new zealand... such as a "zip code" or something?

also, just basic shipping?

Coopdman

Wolf Pack of One
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Dean,

If you haven't sold it by next weekend, I may want to swing by and try it out (also from Charlotte). Not that you need to, but you can try out the stock seat too, for kicks.

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
bump for pics added.

and coopdman, if it hasn't been sold then go ahead and take a trip over. only thing you have to think about is how you'd get it back if you came on your bike.

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How is the seat compared to stock? I went on a 53 mile ride this evening (over 100 total miles for the day) and found myself thinking I should look into an aftermarket seat or something to make my rear feel a little less like: :spank:

dean owens

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
Is this the same seat as an 08? How much for shipping to 84015?

everyone on the board seems to say that the seat pans are the same for all the years so far. i think in europe their 07+ seats look different than the 40-06 seats, but the pans are the same.

i'll look into shipping later today and pm you.

How is the seat compared to stock? I went on a 53 mile ride this evening (over 100 total miles for the day) and found myself thinking I should look into an aftermarket seat or something to make my rear feel a little less like: :spank:

sadly, i don't know. when i bought the bike it already had this seat on it. i've heard that the stock seat is a killer. i'm a big fella and i had no problems going 3 hours straight to the mountains. one time that i did have problems i wore my backpack (with my laptop and a few books) for a 4 hour straight trip. the added weight wore on me a bit. but that was the only time.