06 Fazer - Blinkers not working

symtex

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an 06 with under 6K miles on it. I have put the last 1700 miles on it. When I bought it, it had LED rear turn signals and replacement lo-pro front signals. This morning on my way into work they stopped working. When I push the switch R or L, they do nothing. I don't even get the indicator on the dashboard. Any ideas on where to start my troubleshooting? Thanks.

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
I've never heard of the signal not even showing up on the dash, so the first place I would check is under the right side (when sitting on the bike) pod. There is a fuse for the blinkers that may be the problem.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Check that you have running lights. For example, when you turn your key on, check to see that you have a tail light. Not just a brake light. If you don't have a tail light either the tail light filament is broken or possibly the fuse is blown. The fuse is the same fuse used for the directional signals. Check this first and let us know. :)

symtex

Reaction score
Visit site
Update - It was the tail fuse. Replaced with spare in the box and I was good to go. I will admit I was not sure what a "pod" was and so I ended up taking the tank up looking for it. I went through way more work than was needed to find the fuse. :D

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Update - It was the tail fuse. Replaced with spare in the box and I was good to go. I will admit I was not sure what a "pod" was and so I ended up taking the tank up looking for it. I went through way more work than was needed to find the fuse. :D
Glad to hear it was a simple fix! [emoji1]

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There may be a reason why your fuse blew. Fuses don't wear out they blow because there is a short. Check to see that you have a rear tail lamp lit. Check to see that the blue wire and blue with red tracer wire near the LED directional signals in the front have been properly terminated and are not shorting.

Sent from Moto's Motorola

symtex

Reaction score
Visit site
Well after my update, I went for a ride and sure enough my fuse popped again and no blinker. I picked up some more and since all the markers have aftermarket ones installed, I started there. With the rear markers I started to unravel the electrical tape and could already see that one of the wires was worn/melted halfway through. I went to Radio Shack and picked up a soldering iron, solder and shrink tubing and cut/solder and sealed up that wire. The others looked OK. I guess I will need to ride a bit and see if that was the culprit.

There may be a reason why your fuse blew. Fuses don't wear out they blow because there is a short. Check to see that you have a rear tail lamp lit. Check to see that the blue wire and blue with red tracer wire near the LED directional signals in the front have been properly terminated and are not shorting.

Sent from Moto's Motorola

symtex

Reaction score
Visit site
Even after that fix, I was still popping fuses. Upon further inspection I think it was the license plate light that was the culprit. I have redone those wires and about 50 miles later I still have working blinker. The light kit the previous owner used had very thin wire to splice into the bike system. It may just be best to put the OEM stuff back on. I was able to get it from the guy when I bought the bike. I feel better with the what I perceive as more visible blinkers anyways. Not to keen on the low-pro look.