05 fz6 no start

Jblack

Reaction score
Visit site
My 05 fz6 won't start.... it cranks fine has spark and new plugs... fresh fuel.... just won't fire up unless I spray ether onto it... I can see it spraying fuel into the throttle bodies so I know it's getting fuel to the engine ... don't have a battery on it just using a car to jump start it.... this may not be the right section but I need help...

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Obviously a fuel issue.

Some history please?

Has it sat for awhile W/O stabilizer?

Does the fuel pump RUN, when you first turn the key on, PRIME (run for 2-3 seconds) initially?

Did you check all your fuses?

BTW, you can use the car battery BUT do NOT START the car or you'll damage the electrical system.

gulfpete

2004 FZ6N
Reaction score
Visit site
In addition to the above can you go through the diagnostic tests? There are detailed threads on this but a quick how-to below.

Disconnect the wire harness coupler from the fuel pump. Turn the main switch and engine stop switch to OFF.
Press the SELECT and RESET buttons, turn the main switch to ON and keep pressing the buttons until dIAG appears on the display.
Press the SELECT and RESET buttons again for 2 seconds.
Press SELECT or RESET to go through tests below.

01 throttle angle 03 intake air pressure 05 intake air temperature 06 coolant temperature 07 pulses generated when tire is spun.
08 lean angle cut-off 09 fuel system voltage 20 sidestand switch(bike in gear) 21 neutral switch
30 coils #1, #4 31 coils #2, #3 36 injectors #1, #4 37 injectors #2, #3
48 AI solenoid 50 fuel injection system relay 51 radiator fan relay 52 headlight relay
60 EEPROM fault codes 61 history code display 62 history code erasure - erases the history codes when the engine stop switch is turned from OFF to ON.

coils, injectors, solenoids, relays -
After 1 second from the time the engine stop switch has been turned from OFF to ON, they actuate five times every second and the engine trouble warning light illuminates.
With the coils check the plugs for spark and with the injectors, solenoids, relays listen for operating sound.