Details on the Covered Bridge Tour. And a poll.

What date(s) are you available to look at bridges?

• July 12 (Rain date of July 13)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • July 26 (Rain Date of July 27)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I can make either of these

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I want to go, but I can't make either of these

Votes: 4 30.8%

• Total voters

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
The much anticipated details:

Date: Saturday --> See above for what it looks like it will be.
Rain Date: Sunday
Meet Up Location: The Irving at Bow Junction (where I-93 and I-89 meet in Concord/Bow, NH). I can give more detailed directions to those who need them.
Leave Time: 8:00 AM. This means please be fully gassed up, geared up and ready to ride at 8 AM (**May change once route is constructed)
Attire: "Business" - minimum of helmet, gloves, jacket and long pants. No sandals.
Pace: Moderate, approx. 5-10 over the speed limit.

This ride is a scenic ride. While we may come across some twisties along our route, it is not the main purpose for the trip. We will be making frequent photo op stops, so please bring a camera and dress in a way that you will be both safe and comfortable (full leathers, though more than acceptable, may not be the most comfortable choice). Any behavior that is deemed unsafe for the group (stunting, weaving, passing without permission, etc) will not be tolerated. This is the first time I am leading a group ride, and appreciate your cooperation. It will be noob-friendly, as well as 2-up friendly if anyone wants to bring a wife, friend, kid, etc. It is not side-car friendly, cause those things creep me out a bit. :)

Our route is still under construction, but our Covered Bridges are located in the following towns (and will be in this order, if you want an idea):

Meeting place: Concord, NH

Andover (2 bridges)**
Warner (2 bridges)
Bradford (1 bridge)
Newport (3 bridges)
Lyme (1 bridge)**
Lebanon (1 bridge)
Plainfield (1 bridge)
Cornish (4 bridges)*

*Our final bridge will be the Cornish-Windsor covered bridge, which is now acknowledged as the longest covered bridge in the US, spanning the Connecticut River and connecting NH and VT. It is almost 450 feet long, and conveniently located 5 minutes from I-81 and 10 minutes from Claremont. It is here we will either grab dinner as a group or part ways, I am open to suggestions. My suggestion, time dependent, is swimming and BBQ at my parents' lakehouse.

**In addition, if (upon studying my route) time is an issue, the bridges in Andover and/or Lyme may be skipped, as they are the farthest off the loop.

J

jsteinb95

Was it important to see who voted?????

Wish I could go :( sounds like fun!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can likely make either but voted for the 26th as it was merely a preference. Thankfully you didn't pick the 19th because that is the day we celebrate my twin's 21st birthday!

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
I can only go the first weekend. The second one I'll be in California for a wedding. I am excited as this would be my longest ride yet!
Dani

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
I can likely make either but voted for the 26th as it was merely a preference. Thankfully you didn't pick the 19th because that is the day we celebrate my twin's 21st birthday!

The 19th is a race weekend, so Rob and I wouldn't be able to go, which kinda defeats the purpose. These two weekends are the first ones that I am available, not counting july 5+6, I just figured there would be to much traffic on that weekend for an enjoyable trip, and people might be gone.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Have we finalized the date? I need to figure out which weekends I'm working.
Thanks, Dani

How's the 12th sound to everyone? That seems to be the vast majority of yes's (ha, by one....cause there's so few of us).

I am also going to open this up to some friends on my local forum, so don't be shocked if non-FZ's are there (other than mine). Though it would look kinda cute with momma SV and her little FZ ducklings tagging along behind. hehe. :)

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
12th may work. I need to talk to wifey and see if she's up for a FULL day on that new bike!

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm trying to attend this event. Can someone provide a starting address so I can figure out how I'm going to make the trip up north?

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
My girlfriend just siad yes, so I'll be two up. This is getting exciting! Looks like I'll leave Friday stay overnight then meet up with you guys on Saturday. Make it a straight ride home on Sunday.

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My girlfriend just siad yes, so I'll be two up. This is getting exciting! Looks like I'll leave Friday stay overnight then meet up with you guys on Saturday. Make it a straight ride home on Sunday.

Well, our place isn't huge or anything, but i am sure that if you guys do come up and need a place to stay you could crash on an air mattress on our floor, or just sleep on the couch and love seat or something if you wanted to.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Mighty nice of you to offer. Ill talk with Kellina and see what she want to do. We will definatley leave Friday so and come back on Sunday so that would eb 2 nights.

After my seeing how I returened from my Deals Gap trip with the FZ6 bunch Kellina says she has no problems staying with anyone from this forum(we'll see). I am on vacation that week so I know I will be there, rain or shine. My only worry is rain! Will you guys ride in it, or at least hang out with a fellow FZ6'r in it? I don't want to make the long trip to be rained out in a hotel.

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Mighty nice of you to offer. Ill talk with Kellina and see what she want to do. We will definatley leave Friday so and come back on Sunday so that would eb 2 nights.

I am sure that 2 nights would be fine as well, we have 2 bedrooms, but no bed in the 2nd bedroom. so you would have some semblance of privacy. We even have an air mattress that you are welcome to sleep on, but you may have to fill it up in the middle of the night since it always seems to deflate a bit. but it has a built in pump so it is easy and quick if you do end up waking up with low air.

(maybe we'll even get around to buying another air mattress by then, but no promises)

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the offers, and we might take you up on them. Do you have a physical address so I can calculate the trip?

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Heck, I will go even if it is drizzling. If the weather is supposed to be pouring rain/tsunami I'll skip, but otherwise I am blocking off the weekend for this trip.