Anyone in the North East riding yet?

eagle1909

The EAgle
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone around the North East area gone out for a brave first ride yet this year?
Post up where.

I am in upstate New York. My co worker and I are shooting for a first ride on March 19. Hoping it at least warms up enough to get rid of the snow by then!

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
Let's be fair!!!! I'm upstate. 2 hours south of Montreal Canada is north! Binghamton is DOWNSTATE!!!! You guys border PA for god's sake! :D

BH322893

Pastry Chef
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.HarpersBakery.net
Let's be fair!!!! I'm upstate. 2 hours south of Montreal Canada is north! Binghamton is DOWNSTATE!!!! You guys border PA for god's sake! :D

that's the problem with New Yorkers, everyone thinks they're in "upstate." I lived in Hyde Park for a couple years and laughed when people in Yonkers said they were "upstate."

GO RED SOX!:BLAA:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Here in downstate NY (downstate being Long Island), been out several times in Dec, 2 times in Jan, 3 Times in Feb. I have a 45 degrees and sunny rule.. when it reaches that I have to go out.

Less

Reaction score
Visit site
I have yet to venture out. I am very skeptical about riding in weather below 50F it seems that a lot of "wet" spots are actually black ice. And where there isn't ice there is a ton of sand. I'll usually wait unitl late March before I venture out unless we get some really unseasonably warm weather.

Last edited:

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
You are kidding right? :confused:

Side streets still have lots of slush, when that is gone we will need a couple of good rains to get rid of the sand before it's even semi-safe to ride......

Snowing now............

I hate winter! :(

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last Sunday was my last ride, weather warmed up enough for a short run. Then we get dumped a few more inches of snow. Thank goodness for snow blowers.

privateryan2

Reaction score
Visit site
I live in Northeast PA, we got over a foot of snow last night :( So my bike will remain in my garage for awhile unfortunately.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Our bikes are still hibernating (as am I), and probably will be until the 2 feet of snow on the ground melt down a bit. Our road gets fairly close to impassable in the spring (soft mud) so conditions have to be right for snow melt and mud avoidance....

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not yet but it looks damned inviting today. The bigger problem today though? Trees and wires all over the roads.... Never mind salt and sand which uber-suck, we have to worry today about power lines, communication lines, cable lines, horizontal telephone poles, elm, pine, birch, oak, maple, ash, beech, poplar, and many others. :eek: :D

There's still over 200,000+ without power here in NH/ME and many roads closed. We got VERY lucky and only lost it for about 30 hours.

Soon though..... soon! I have to get some butt-dyno on the winter mods I've done on that FZ1.

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Once again we were spared the snow.......but did I mention the potholes? I already ruined one car tire this winter........

Maycyn

Reaction score
Visit site
Both of us have been out a few times this year. The moment those street sweepers here in Maine hit our little island, we're out there! It may not be for long (considering its well below 30 degrees) but we're out there. First decent ride will be at the end of the month, planning to visit the family in Albany NY.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
it was either wed or thursday that i saw a silver fz6 ridding around by the mall in manchester, ct.. made me very very jealous...