Anyone in the North East riding yet?

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
Let's be fair!!!! I'm upstate. 2 hours south of Montreal Canada is north! Binghamton is DOWNSTATE!!!! You guys border PA for god's sake! :D

Upstate!?! Dude your in Canada! eh? Say hi to the 'burgh next time your in town for me!

Planning on taking my blue lightning out on Sunday for a midday ride. current forecast say's 44 and clear!:BLAA:

hank

Reaction score
Visit site
Let's be fair!!!! I'm upstate. 2 hours south of Montreal Canada is north! Binghamton is DOWNSTATE!!!! You guys border PA for god's sake! :D

Lol I couldn't take it any more. It reached a balmy 39 degrees today in way upstate NY (35min from the Wellsey Island border to Canada). I just had the itch and couldn't resist that urge to fire up the fizzer and try out my front sprocket :) in the 5 or so miles it took me to get almost frostbit, I realized I'm in love all over again with my bike :rockon:

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
Upstate!?! Dude your in Canada! eh? Say hi to the 'burgh next time your in town for me!

Planning on taking my blue lightning out on Sunday for a midday ride. current forecast say's 44 and clear!:BLAA:

Headed to the 'Burgh today to watch some HS basketball at the Fieldhouse. Section 7 Finals. After that a few beers and a burger at the Ground Round. Then it's a 45 min. ride south to home. Exit 30 off the N-way.
Oh- did I mention there's still a foot of snow outside the garage where the fast red FZ6 sits patiently? I'm watching it melt but it's not going away fast enough for me. Then there's the issue of snow and salt. It'll be while yet before I can escape.

Adirondack Jack

Reaction score
Visit site
Lol I couldn't take it any more. It reached a balmy 39 degrees today in way upstate NY (35min from the Wellsey Island border to Canada). I just had the itch and couldn't resist that urge to fire up the fizzer and try out my front sprocket :) in the 5 or so miles it took me to get almost frostbit, I realized I'm in love all over again with my bike :rockon:

That's upstate too, dude! I still get back to Lewis County once in a while. That's a really nice ride for me. Tug Hill is loaded with snow right now. My nephew has been sledding there all month.

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
Going to roll the bike out of the shed today. There's about an inch of snow in the yard, but unless I slip and fall with the bike on top of me in the back yard, I"M RIDING TODAY! :cheer:

interactive3

FZ6 Rider
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Agreed. For me Upstate has always been the the "bump" that forms the Adirondack and thousand island regions. Then there's Central NY - Leatherstocking and finger lakes, Western NY - Niagra and Allegheny (or "southern tier"), Long Island, and New York City (Manhattan and the other surrounding boroughs)...

http://www.newyorkschools.com/i/new-york-regions_0.jpg

And Yes, I am riding today. in Eastern MA ;)

hank

Reaction score
Visit site
That's upstate too, dude! I still get back to Lewis County once in a while. That's a really nice ride for me. Tug Hill is loaded with snow right now. My nephew has been sledding there all month.

That's actually pretty close to where I am. I'm just outside of Carthage and we've still got lots of snow but the roads are bare as can be with the exception of a ton of sand at every stop sign. I'm crossing my fingers to see mid 50's in a week or two. that's sad haha

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes. 50F here in S. NH most of the day. Did some good riding in the morning, then took the vstar out earlier and got back on the FZ6 an hour later. Just got back from doing some exit ramps.

Now I feel like I need to light up a cigarette -- if ya know what I mean :D.

Dennis

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in Western NY. Never claimed to be in upstate.

Anyway, saw a bunch of people out today, but you won't see me out until at least next month. I need it to rain a few times and get rid of all this damn salt that's on the roads right now. Aluminum doesn't mix well with salt.

jerdman89

wait... what goes here?
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been commuting to work the past 2 days. The weathers been nice though mid 40's when I leave for work mid 30's when I go home. I'm in southern pa.

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
3 hours of detailing and 2 hours of riding today!! tomorrow should be much warmer! Had the tunes playin and just rode everywhere!!!

Maycyn

Reaction score
Visit site
Perfect day here in Maine today! Sunny, bit of a breeze, 49 degrees. Took my FZ6 and the man rode his SV1000. Met up with a few friends and spent a few hours out there loving the weather. Spent a lot of time standing up on the pegs with the INSANE frost heaves, but hey, what else could you expect from Maine?! :rolleyes:

Adirondack Jack

Reaction score
Visit site
That's actually pretty close to where I am. I'm just outside of Carthage and we've still got lots of snow but the roads are bare as can be with the exception of a ton of sand at every stop sign. I'm crossing my fingers to see mid 50's in a week or two. that's sad haha

Hey Hank.....I grew up in Lyons Falls. South Lewis HS. Been gone a long time but if I'm headed your way I'll let you know. I'd love to take a ride around the old stompin' grounds!

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well... took the bike out for a few miles.. man does the front tire need air.. but was really nice to get out even just for a few.. and now i know pretty much all the maint. I would like to have done before the real season starts..

jody.adams

Reaction score
Visit site
YES!!

Yesterday was my official first day of riding season in Sanford, Maine. Was on the snowmobile less than a week ago and transitioned straight to the bike. What a difference 3 hours north or south can make.

Life is good.

sevans8651

Reaction score
Visit site
I am in Central Ohio and I took the bike out for a 30 mile ride with my girlfriend yesterday after an oil change. It was pretty nice and only my hands got a little cold, but its supposed to get up to 60 this Wednesday and Thursday and rain so all that salt, snow, and debris hiding under that snow should all get washed away! I can't wait until spring break in 2 weeks!

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Today was the first day in 2010 that the FZ1 has been out. She'd have been out this past weekend as it was beautiful, but I was out of state and unable to ride. But today, she roared out of the stable and carried me to work and sits beaming in the sun waiting for the ride home (which may end up being 60 instead of 12 miles!) :steve:

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
So after all this time of waiting and a 50 degree day yesterday, I just didn't feel up to riding. What is wrong with me?????