07 FZ6 headlight bulbs..H4 and ?

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
coupe hours ago,,i went ahead and did the simple headlight mod so that both sides would be at low beams...yesterday i bought "eurolite H4XB and eurolite H7XB" bulbs...after i did the mod , i replaced the H4 bulb with no problems but the small bulb on the left side which is supposed to be an "H7" didnt quite look like the eurolite h7 that i bought..the socket didnt fit the new bulb , the metals at the back of the bulb are much closer than the standard bulb of the bike,,isnt that a H7 bulb?
where did i screw up? H4 fit with no problems,,and i really liked the color and brightness of the bulb,,i guess i wont be able to use them though,,,
here is the picture of the bulbs that i bought

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
thank you so much,,it is sad that i couldnt figure that out myself :rtfm:

i did put both bulbs in and i think they look great...
These bulbs come in pairs...so i basically have another set of "eurolite" bulbs for FZ6 's ...if anyone is interested to buy them let me know,,,asking $25 for the set (see the picture above) shipping included!

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Headlight

coupe hours ago,,i went ahead and did the simple headlight mod so that both sides would be at low beams...yesterday i bought "eurolite H4XB and eurolite H7XB" bulbs...after i did the mod , i replaced the H4 bulb with no problems but the small bulb on the left side which is supposed to be an "H7" didnt quite look like the eurolite h7 that i bought..the socket didnt fit the new bulb , the metals at the back of the bulb are much closer than the standard bulb of the bike,,isnt that a H7 bulb?
where did i screw up? H4 fit with no problems,,and i really liked the color and brightness of the bulb,,i guess i wont be able to use them though,,,
here is the picture of the bulbs that i bought

I bought a similar light bulb on ebay and got in two same size bulbs .It will only fit the right side and not the left???? Any light on this would be appreciated . I noticed in your pic one set is bigger bulbs and one is a smaller bulb.

Mark

W

wrightme43

Yes the H7 is high and low beam and a larger size that only fits the hi/low socket.
The other is a H4 and is a low beam or fog light only bulb that only fits the low only side, and requires a adaptor included with the bike on the stock bulb.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
very accurate analysis but you got the #'s backwards, the H4 is the hi/low larger bulb and the H7 is the low only.

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
very accurate analysis but you got the #'s backwards, the H4 is the hi/low larger bulb and the H7 is the low only.

correct ! unfortunately for some reason the brightness of the low beam from the H4 is never the same as the H7..altough they are both 55W...that makes the headlights unsymetrical which really bugs me :D

so FZ6Biker ; i dont know which type you bought but this bike uses 1 H4 and 1 H7 type light bulbs...the ones that i bought were sold in pairs too,thats why i ended up with 4 bulbs....i used 1 from each box,,,and im willing to sell the remaining H4 and H7 to someone who wants nice light bulbs....they are much brigther than the sylvania silverstars..and ill give them up for $25 including shipping..