Riding boots for ladies

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ladies, I'm just curious,
What kind of boots do you wear to ride in?
I looked locally to buy a pair but women's riding boots are a bit rare in stores. I finally ordered a pair from a internet company but have not had the chance to wear them yet. (Too Cold)

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a pair of plain black motorcycle boots. The boots are probably unisex fitting, not a special lady's model. They're made of black waterproof leather (Goretex or something like that).

Looks a bit like this:
632917698337588736g22569.jpg

They have worked very well for me, no complaints here. What kind of boots did you order? I've seen some really good-looking boots by Alpinestar and Oxtar. Maybe I'll get one of those for my next pair.

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
I know this thread is for the ladies, but Bren, would your horse riding boots work? They would really protect your ankles. I have some Harley Boots that I use and they really aren't much different than a good pair of cowboy boots! I guess the main difference is that boots made for motorcycling would grip the road surface better. The bottom of cowboy boots are a little slick.

W

wrightme43

My Ex had the Setup Sunrise boots. She liked them, and they seemed nice. I have the Setup Vision boot which I like. I have had mine resoled once already, and they look like they are going to last a long time.

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife uses Harley boots that look very similar to Bren's boots. But I think my wife's are a little looser around the ankle. She says she likes them when she rides but hates to walk in them. She carries some walking shoes in her saddle bags.

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, my boots aren't very good for walking either. The material is not very flexible.

My horse riding boots would fit a Harley-style, they are like classical cowboy boots. But I don't think they would protect my feet as well as those motorcycle boots since they have no ankle covers and they are made of softer leather. (And they wouldn't look as good... *insert a smiley holding a plate I'm stupid* :p )

But those Alpinestar-boots are something to think of. Xmas is right here, isn't it...

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
Good to hear about those Alpinestars. I don't want any ski boots! :p Those ICON boots looks so cool! On a passenger I've seen those kind of high heel boots, but I don't think I could ever drive a bike with those. (I'd like to try anyway)

J

jsteinb95

I wear dirtbike boots!

j/k I don't have "riding boots" I just have boots that cover the ankle.

mfox23

Reaction score
Visit site
I also have a pair made by Harley, they're OK but I definitely will try a different brand when I wear these out. I don't have a picture but there fairly standard looking, black leather come to about mid calf with a zipper on the side and one single clasp above the top of the foot. But there's a lot about them I don't really like in addition to being uncomfortable to walk in, they don't feel like they give a lot of support or protection, and if you bend your legs a lot while you ride they can start to get uncomfortable. Overall I wouldn't recommend them for riding or walking.

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
On a Finnish forum we had some conversation about suitable boots for a shorter driver and especially for women. Here's a model that came up: Daytona Lady Star.

2_ladystargtx.jpg
aufriss_e.jpg

These come in small sizes only but could be worth trying for. Any experience on these?

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My girlfriend wears a pair of leather walking boots.

I wish she would wear something higher to protect her lower legs and ankles more but she likes her walking boots.

Steve

SanNYC

Reaction score
www.dozendames.org
I have tried 4 different riding boots and the best have been the Women's Harley Davidson D84353 RADIATE Boots. These boots are so soft that I can walk around all day in them without feelings as though my feet are encased in cement.

Sandra

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just ordered these, picking them up Saturday, I will let you know how they are. I ordered because they were recommended by other ladies on the forum. I am only 5'3"ish.. so I am hoping with my new comfort seat and the boots I will be able to still put the balls of my feet down, as opposed to my tip toes.

I will keep you posted.

Boo

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
w-docmoto-boot.jpg
Ladies Docmoto Boot by Roadkrome
These are the boots I use for everyday riding, I love them and have even worn them out when I wasn't on my bike. I have had them for 3 years now and I just noticed last night they are going to need some TLC from the local cobbler, the sole is seperating from the leather. I would recommend these boots to anyone!!
I do confess to having the icon pair as well (The Bombshell), but those are for when I go to rallies or planning on going out after I get off the bike, they aren't that comfy.... or *blush* when I actually climb behind hubby on his VMax