Riding boots for ladies

bcbikernurse

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: What r u wearing on ur feet?

I'm not looking for sexy...looking for safety!!!! I have a pair of SWAT boots. I rode my bike to warm it up to lube the chain quickly and I was amazed at the difference between the sneakers and the boots. I'll never ride without!!!! I definitely feel I have better control with the boots!:rockon:

S

sm00thpapa

My wife just picked up some HD Kelly Boots and I must say they look very nice and good protection.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site

Shoes/boots are so hard to buy online, and not too many styles are carried in the bike shops around me. I ended up going to the Harley store nearby, so I could try on some boots and see if anything felt good. I found a pair (actually men's) that I really liked, and they are much more comfortable shifting than the (horse) riding boots I was wearing.

Roadstergal

Reaction score
Visit site

Here's a test. Pick up the boots you're wearing, with the foot part in one hand and the shin part in the other. Move it back and forth. If it flops in your hands, it won't do a thing to protect your ankles if an object wants to make your ankle bend the wrong way. And this is what will likely happen in a low-speed fall where the bike wants to make your ankle bend the wrong way.

postop1.jpg

This is a bit of a pet peeve of mine, since after that incident, I had a lot of time hobbling on crutches to investigate getting a pair of boots with sturdy lateral bracing. And I quickly found that every pair of 'women's' boots fails that hand-fold test miserably. Every pair mentioned in this thread - even those Thor Quadrant. And shame on Sidi for making these very pretty but very floppy boots for women:
Sidi Ladies Vertigo Lei Motorcycle Boots :: New Enough, LTD

After all, these are one generation back on their men's boots - and they could have made the Vertigo Corsa the women's model (which my hubby has), which are nicely braced and have lovely adjustability.

So skip the cutise women's boots and get some real ones that don't fold in an accident. If your feet aren't tiny, there are as many options as there are for men - the Sidi Vertigo Corsa or Vortice, the Puma V1000, the Dainese Torque (formerly the Axial Race), the Gaerne GRS, the Daytona Security Evo, and a few others. And, for dirt boots, the Sidi Crossfire or Charger.

If you have small feet (I have EU36), your options are severely limited. I have two discontinued boots - the first-gen Supertechs for street, and the Sidi Stinger for dirt. However, I did recently discover that Daytona makes the Evo Sport in 36, and I'm saving my pennies for when my Supertechs completely fall apart.
Daytona Motorcycle Boots

Don't settle for less than the best protection; what price your ankles? If you do, that's all the gear companies are going to give you. They want to sell boots with as little effort and material as they can get away with, so if women are satisfied with umpteenth-rate protection, that's what we're going to get.

Caz

Reaction score
Visit site

I bought a pair of these this week. They are breaking in nicely.
They cost the earth, but you only get one pair of feet!

Sidi Lei vertigo womens boot

Sidi_Women_s_Vertigo_Lei_Boots_detail.jpg

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't like ladies boots. I ended up getting Berik GPX Waterproof boots. Really comfy and reasonably priced. Good protection too.

Last edited:

ladysixer

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a pair of the Icon Superduty 2's and love them. Very comfortable to ride and walk in. Recommend highly.:Flash:

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes I'm resurrecting this thead once again - I have nothing better to do in the winter months than look at new gear.

Here is my question for the ladies - do you have or know of a waterproof boot, with some sort of heel (I'm not quite 5'4") that is comfortable, won't cost me a fortune and come in half sizes? US Womens size 8 is too small, size 9 is too big (I have narrow feet as well) and I don't really want to order soemthing over the internet only to have to return it and wait before I can try again. Does anyone know if European sizes run differently?

(Though I like my Harley boots because they tie (and zip), I'm tired of having cold wet feet!)

Thanks Ladies!

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
is there a preferance for pillion..my missus got most of the gear but no boots yet..she doent ride but plans to come out for a few trip with me this summer
I would get waterproof boots with good ankle, toe and shin protection - as if she were riding. If anything were to happen, she could get caught up in the bike. Small price to pay, if money isn't the issue.

lilredrocket

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello
Love the Dainsella lady riding boot
I live in Calgary and they came in at around $300 CAD ish
I've attached their web link
Inspired by Humans
The only skinny part on my bod is my feet...and everywhere I went people kept trying to give me a small guy's boot which I'd swim in or some high heeled boot that belonged an a gal riding on the back of a bike.
I've had my boots since last spring and they are fabulous keep my feet dry and warm and they don't look to bad...everyone calls them the power ranger boots...but they are comfy.
Good luck

Kaz247

Reaction score
Visit site

Sidi's Love them! Red and Black.

I got my other half a pair of Sidi's also as a gift for giving up smoking and I threatened if he lit another fag his brand new Sidi's would be going on the bar b q.

:D:

Kazza

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Berik GPX - waterproof. Paid @ AUS$225.00

Awesome boot - comfortable, heaps of protection and they look cool!

k1c

Reaction score
Visit site
In a former life I sold a lot of hiking and expedition climbing footwear, and I'm still a little obssesive about how my boots and shoes fit. Having said that, it really is OK to get boots that are a hair big and adjust the size using insoles. In fact, as long as you're not going racing and need to have the ultimate in feel from your boots, using insoles can make the boot more comfortable and a little warmer in cold weather. So, if you can't find a boot in an 8 1/2 to fit, I'd pick a boot that you like in a nine and fill it out with some insoles. I'm partial to SIDI'S myself but they are a bit spendy. The Diadora that dankatz linked looks nice enough though.

Ka-raa

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a pair of Gaerne Aquatech boots - very comfy and nice and solid around the ankle and toes and they cover most of my shins (im 5'6). They fasten with a zip and velcro over the top making them nice and waterproof. Great for touring and long rides but not much ankle movement if you want to walk. I havent walked in them for extended periods but i imagine they would get uncomfortable after a while just due to the restricted ankle movement.
I wear them on all my long trips - anything over and hour or two - and they are fantastic.

Gaerne_G-RT_Aquatech_Touring_Boot__detail.jpg

I used to just wear my old work boots - Magnum hi-tecs. Mine were the response model, could tie up the laces or there was a zip down the ankle - awesome when you want to take them off/put them on quickly.
I had a crash wearing the magnum boots, plenty of bruising on my upper legs and the old bike - R6 landed on my leg/foot etc. no bruising or pain around my feet at all. they are great if you have to walk for long periods too, very very comfortable!

hitec231999_75877_jb.jpg

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny how this thread keeps popping after I started it in '08! Since then I have only bought 2 pair. The Nitro short boots are more tennis shoe like........and the BMW Air Flow for the long trips:

Last edited: