Stone hit me on the knee

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
On the way back from work i was doing 80 on the motorway when something hit me on the knee - and it really hurt!!! Must have been a stone or something kicked up by a car and got me right on the kneecap. I was glad my leather trousers have a decent bit of padding around their. I've taken the armour out as it restricts my knee joint too much.

Made me think it could have been much worse if it had hit the screen or my visor so maybe a sore knee isn't so bad.

On the subject of knees my boss was impressed with the scuffs on my knees yesterday morning. He imagined I must have been kneedown round the bends. The truth was somewhat more pedestrian. I topped the bike up with oil that morning and had kneeled down on our dusty gravel drive to do so

buccs40oz

Reaction score
Visit site
i got hit in the neck with gravel once. i was behind my buddies just cruisin and there was a new "patch" in the road , dang that hurt

Last edited:

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
I got hit in the throat by a big dragonfly once. It hit just below my "Adams apple". One of his legs had just penetrated the skin and I had to pluck it out.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a semi throw up a huge rock. It cracked my little cafe wind screen (old Honda cycle, not the FZ6) and put a huge scratch on my helmet visor. Scared the dung out of me! Since then I am very leary of semi trailers.

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
This is a weekly occurance with my group. our rides are primarily on farm roads (paved but a little on the rough side) and the sport bikes with sticky tires can kick these little pieces of aggregate back pretty effectivly. It is quite effective at forcing appropriate spacing during spirited rides. A few of these pinging off your helmet or bruising arms/legs/shoulder tends to back you off!!!

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
I was riding with a buddy of mine once. We had 3/4 helmets on. When I glanced over at him, he looked like a cat trying to cough up a hair ball! After a few seconds of these convulsions, he spit a wasp out! After we stopped, I found out that the wasp had stung him on the back of his throat! He rides with his mouth shut now!:rof:

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i used to wear a vest and t-shirt while ridding :spank: i know i know..

but i had a bee basically get caught under my right arm pit and sting me.. oh man it hurt like hell.. but i just sucked it up and acted like normal till i could get over and stop on the side of the road.. oh it hurt soo bad... ocasionally i get hit with things in the helmet and yea, i dont think i would ride without one after hearing some of the impact noises... can only imagine if i didnt have a helmet on..

the funniest one i would have to say is a leaf was falling down and i hit it flat agains my visor... man i didnt think a leaf could make so much noise from impact... :thumbup:

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
I got hit last year by a good sized stone that was thrown from a vehicle headed the opposite direction. It hit the toe of my left boot with a loud "whack", and scuffed up the leather a little bit.

Flying debris is just one other reason why I always gear up!

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
dude that sucks about the rock to the knee. the other day it was super windy in socal and the wind tossed a branch into teh side of my helmet when i was going about 80 mph down teh 10 freeway it made me move almost a whole lane over kinda scary

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
Riding down here on the coast the sand from that gets blown across the road stings quite a bit when it hits you. It's like hundreds of needles hitting you all at the same and different time. It's just so lovely.......NOT.

I've learned to keep extra distance when the sand has blown across the road. Not to mention that -hit will make you wiggle an awful lot.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
sand, leaves, rocks, bees, bugs, I've been hit with all of it...especially at dusk or early dawn when bugs are out...

worst though is a rock from a semi - I have a small crack in my visor from it...i never saw it though!

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i got hit by a bug on my knuckle once..not much pain but the sight of all that yellow/green gunk over my hand was enough to make me heave

aggiehiker

Reaction score
Visit site
On the subject of knees my boss was impressed with the scuffs on my knees yesterday morning. He imagined I must have been kneedown round the bends. The truth was somewhat more pedestrian. I topped the bike up with oil that morning and had kneeled down on our dusty gravel drive to do so

Lol :D

Ouch on the rock hitting your knee. I have been hit with a snake that was thrown up from the biker in front of me, 2 birds and a squirrel that a minivan kicked up at me. Never a rock though, that would hurt. Mine were mostly squishy and bloody.:(

The snake hit me in the chest on when I had my old naked SV650. I had to pull over on that one lol

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow. Animals? Pretty nasty.
I almost caught a bird to the helmet the other day. It was flying across the road, and at the last second pulled up. Like it was playing chicken with me, scared the crap outta me.:eek:

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol :D

Ouch on the rock hitting your knee. I have been hit with a snake that was thrown up from the biker in front of me, 2 birds and a squirrel that a minivan kicked up at me. Never a rock though, that would hurt. Mine were mostly squishy and bloody.:(

The snake hit me in the chest on when I had my old naked SV650. I had to pull over on that one lol

Wait a snake a squirrel and two birds WOW that is crazy the only living things ive hit are bugs but how did you react to that snake

Soap

Reaction score
Visit site
I just managed to get my visor down the other day when a van in front of me kicked up a load of sand, grit combo that peppered my neck and helmet, still bloody hurt on my neck