Can't find a tank cover ANYWHERE!

MorganB

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, first post.

I just bought an FZ6 and promptly put a nasty deep scratch in the side of my tank the first day out! The pocket clip on my knife put a nasty gouge in the tank when I was pulling my bike out of the garage. I leaned the bike against my hip to get leverage and that was that. It's 3" long and all the way to the metal. (Note: carry your pocket knives in your back pocket!!!!)

I've since spent hours googling and ebaying, looking for a 1/2 tank bra to prevent any further mishaps. I did manage to find one for the R6, but I don't think an R6 tank is the same shape and size as the FZ6 tank.

Those little plastic stick-on tank protectors won't do. I need to cover the sides of my tank as well. The Mag-Knight covers seem to be the only thing available that fits the bill, but I refuse to spend $85 on one. Does anybody know where I can find one of the $30ish strap-on tank bras online?

nikvel

Reaction score
Visit site
my friend you wont find a cover for the fz6 in the us. i was looking for one my self and i found nothing,however i am originall from greece and over there the fz6 is very popular and i found them in all the colors howeve they cost as much as a gas tank does so my sugestion to u would be to lok on ebay for a new gas tank if i am not mistaking there some for sale right now.

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
my friend you wont find a cover for the fz6 in the us. i was looking for one my self and i found nothing,however i am originall from greece and over there the fz6 is very popular and i found them in all the colors howeve they cost as much as a gas tank does so my sugestion to u would be to lok on ebay for a new gas tank if i am not mistaking there some for sale right now.

Aye, what he said /\

I've seen some tank covers, but never for sale in the US. Can usually get a complete tank on ebay for $1-200ish, at least that was the going price last time I bothered to look.

MorganB

Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder if a cover designed for a similarly sized tank would fit...

What bike has a tank that's the closest in size and shape to an FZ6 tank?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all, first post.

I just bought an FZ6 and promptly put a nasty deep scratch in the side of my tank the first day out! The pocket clip on my knife put a nasty gouge in the tank when I was pulling my bike out of the garage. I leaned the bike against my hip to get leverage and that was that. It's 3" long and all the way to the metal. (Note: carry your pocket knives in your back pocket!!!!)

I've since spent hours googling and ebaying, looking for a 1/2 tank bra to prevent any further mishaps. I did manage to find one for the R6, but I don't think an R6 tank is the same shape and size as the FZ6 tank.

Those little plastic stick-on tank protectors won't do. I need to cover the sides of my tank as well. The Mag-Knight covers seem to be the only thing available that fits the bill, but I refuse to spend $85 on one. Does anybody know where I can find one of the $30ish strap-on tank bras online?
Hi Mate,

This is a UK company. I have a similar problem to you. I am toying with the idea of getting a new tank or a tank cover. Incidently if you have a good e-bay link for tanks please can you post it ot PM me.

Neil
http://www.topsaddlery.com/en/tapis_visu.php4?marque=8&type=297&debut=0&choix_pays=183

MorganB

Reaction score
Visit site

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Not that this is definitive but I searched 1tail for other Targa tank covers and every picture was a black cover so I'd guess the FZ6 is too. Also, the search list showed the FZ6 as discontinued so you may want to act fast if you want one - no idea if Targa is any good or not.

yamadamadoo

Reaction score
Visit site
Tank Pad

Would you consider a custom Grip type tank pad similar to this on each side ? My next one will be a little lower on each side of the tank about an inch or so to come to the bottom of the crease. It can be removed without damaging your tank and can make a matching one for the center like other pads already available in stores too.

Last edited: