Zox helmets?

jborlace

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a Zox helmet last week. I have only worn it once. It was about 45 degrees out. I was getting alot of wind coming in around the visor. My eyes were watering and burning like crazy. I talked to the guy at the dealer who I bought it from and of course he said that was not normal. I made sure all the vents were closed also. Anyone ever had this problem with a brand new helmet?

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am not all that familiar with the VOX helmets but if they are a less expensive alternative then i can understand the issue. My first helmet was a Vega (cheap helmet) and it was very noisy inside as well as quite breezy even with the vents closed.

jborlace

Reaction score
Visit site
It was about $100.00. The guy at the dealer told me that Zox was their best selling brand of helmet. I talked to him a few days later about the problem and he told me to bring it back in. But I think he wants to send it back to the manufacturer. I need a helmet now. What do you recommend that won't break me? Thanks!!

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i went from my Vega, to an HJC, to my Suomy. The Suomy is by far the best of the 3. I was able to find mine online for about $150 last year which was a bargain, i am not sure what your budget would be but you aren't going to find a spectacular helmet at a dealer in the $100 range. Try on some of the Icon's if they have them, they are fairly inexpensive and decent from what i hear, but heavy. Obviously the expensive helmets like Arai and Shoei are going to be the best but will cost big bucks, if you are locked in to the dealer on a budget you will be alright with HJC (try to shy from the CL series if possible) or Icon.

flyer34

Reaction score
Visit site
I tried on an Icon, HJC, and a Joe Rocket when I bought my bike. The Joe Rocket was way more comfortable than the others, and I think it looks better too. Feels like it was constructed specifically for my head. It was more expensive than the others, but I figured this was one area not to skimp on. I'm really glad I got it instead of the others.

I never road tested the other helmets, so I don't know about wind behavior between them, but I don't have any significant wind or fogging problems with it.

H

HavBlue

I bought a Zox helmet last week. I have only worn it once. It was about 45 degrees out. I was getting alot of wind coming in around the visor. My eyes were watering and burning like crazy. I talked to the guy at the dealer who I bought it from and of course he said that was not normal. I made sure all the vents were closed also. Anyone ever had this problem with a brand new helmet?

I'd like to try the Corsa R or the Spectra. The price is right at under $150.00 and there comfort is compared to other high end helmets. I like the graphics too.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
I love my scorpion, it is a little loud but not too much and it wasn't as expensive as a shoei.

edit: they run a little smaller than other brands though so try one on before you buy

Mr T

Reaction score
Visit site
I tried a few low-cost helmets myself before buying a Shoei. I started with a Max “utter rubbish” then I bought a Vega “an improvement, but very noisy and I experienced headshake”. Eventually I bit the bullet and bought a Shoei XR1000 and wow! IMHO there is no substitute for a good quality helmet, especially if you intend speeding or travelling distances.

T

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
unfortunately Helmets are a cae of " You get what you pay for" and it is all a matter of what you are willing to deal with for the savings.

Maverick

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife bought a Zox and it seems to be fine for the #2 position. I'd try it myself, but it is way too small for me - sorry can't help.

H

HavBlue

unfortunately Helmets are a cae of " You get what you pay for" and it is all a matter of what you are willing to deal with for the savings.

To each his/her own in the opinion category but I have a Shoei on the shelf that fits fine and for the price wasn't near worth it in terms of any difference compared to either of my HJC helmets. The problem with helmets is in the head that helmet goes on. Not all heads are round and because of this shape is everything. For me, I have found the HJC to be much better.

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My Arai condor is a bit noisy as well The only quiet one I've ever had was an old AGV in the early 90s which served me well and ended its life the hard way.
I have just ordered a skirt for the helmet and will post my results.