Your Rider Resume

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Fairly modest Resume for myself...Ok, really modest, but here it is for anyone who cares :)

-Licensed rider
-Completed MSF course
-06 Yamaha FZ6 is my first bike
-only about 4000 miles logged
-One wreck (minor slide-out)
-0 fatalities! :)

I've ridden in some harsh weather, lot's of nasty Utah traffic, and I stay pretty safe for the most part. I don't know too much about fixing my bike, but I'm learning fast! This forum is a great resource! Thanks for a great Thread!!

Zero Fatalities.....I don't think you would be posting. Unless you were riding two up.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well let me start with this is my first real computer experiance as far as a socail group,and im hooked big time!okay that said i got my first bike at 11.lost half my dads tools in the grass of my yard repairing and modifiying it. somehow managed to live through the beatings that followed and spent my life as a professional auto mechanic,heavy equipment mechanic,and my lastest venture from 4-15-08 to 12-30-08 a motorcycle mechanic.I just quit the m/c shop and the reason they put on my pink slip was (threatened other employees and walked off job)what it should have read was asked misserable A$$HOLE what did he mean i better watch how I talk to him, and what did he want to do about it! and walked off job! LOL, well at least i got my bike out of the experiance.I only paid $5,340 for it cash with 99 miles on it.thats why it has 08 r6 rims on it because the guy that bought it new went off the road with it dodging a deer and hit a colvert bending both rims.if i dont know something about the question your asking; i will try to research it to help you if i find it interesting.my rep means alot to me and i wont steer you wrong.oh yeah i got my m/c endorsement in may 08 so im new to the street riding myself.have road dirt bikes since 11,and ive been a professional mechanic for over 17 years.

Last edited:

horacemorris

Reaction score
Visit site
I've ridden since 1977 for both commuting and pleasure
I do all my own maintenance myself where possible, i've done a couple of complete restorations of basket case bikes to showroom condition, toured many parts of Europe by motorcycle, only ever owned 3 cars (although i do get to use the wifes' when necessary) and, at the age of 46, consider myself a "dyed in the wool" biker.
Bikes i've owned:
1975 Yamaha FS1-E ( you just have to have one of these!)
1973 Suzuki FR50 ( like a Honda Cub to those who don't know)
1973 Puch VZ50 (A very heavy sports moped with scooter type gear change NIGHTMARE!)
1970 BSA Bushman (My first and rather expensive restoration from a box of bits)
1980 Honda CB125T ( brand new in 1980- £675.00)
1978 Suzuki TS100 (winter hack bought for £30)
1981 Honda CB400N ( bought new for £1210 toured Holland Belgium, France Italy over the next 4 years + 3 TTs)
1981 Kawasaki KE175 ( a project bought for £50, rebuilt and it's her i learned about porting and tuning two strokes)
1982 Honda CB750 F2 ( i'd rather forget this one!)
1982 Honda XL125R (Beautiful, till it was stolen!)
1985 Honda C90 Cub (Great winter hack for £50.)
1980 MZ Simson ( My second restoration, bought as a box of bits and sold it back to the original owner as new)
1997 Kawasaki ER5 ( Mr Reliable)
2005 FZ6 ( it's where I am now!)

If i have a strong point it's making things fit that shouldn't and a weak point?......electrics, it's all black magic to me!

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Updated the 1 post again with everybody's individual resume links... DAMN we have a lot of ppl around these days! MSF instructor, mechanics, LONG time riders, Klouseau and the million motorcycles she's owned...etc...etc... awesome! :rockon:

javahaxxor

Reaction score
Visit site
Current bike: FZ6-S2 2007 black, Leovince exhaust, no catalyzer
Previous bikes: Suzuki TS125R red/white
I started riding the above suzuki at 16, after working two summers to get the money. I drove without a licence until I was 22 (outlaw biker ;) and then I gave up. Now later in life I found my way back, bought this nice 600cc and I'm in process of getting the license too.

I ride in two different styles. either "the commuter" I just follow the flow of traffic until something pisses me off, then I downshift 2-3 gears, and make the screamer scream its guts off, or I start off by doing the "bad boy", race to the next red light, shorter wheelies, rev the engine unnecessarily, etc :)

Outlaws Justice

Reaction score
www.totalcontroltraining.net
David AKA Outlaws Justice

Logged well in excess of 100,000 miles including more than one day with 1,000 miles.

Started riding at the age of 12 on a Honda Trail 70 Since then I have had several bikes and always work to improve my own skills.

Took My First MSF Class in 1984
Took MSF BRC again in 1999
Took MSF ERC in 2000
Took Total Control ARC in 2005
Took Penguin Racing School 2005

Certified to Teach Snowmobile Classes in 1995
Certified to teach MSF in 2002
Certified to teach ATV Instruction in 2002
Certified to teach MSF Dirt Bike in 2004
Certified to Teach Total Advanced Riding Clinics in 2005

Over the last several years I have a variety of Motorcycle related riding classes of all levels in Washington, Georgia, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, New Hampshire, Toronto Canada, California, Tennessee, and Kentucky.

My Current Bikes include
2006 Yamaha FZ1
2005 Yamaha Vmax
2002 BMW K1200RS
2005 Suzuki SV650S
2005 KTM 950 Adventure
1991 Honda VFR750
1990 Honda Hawk GT
1989 Honda CB1
2000 Buell Blast
2004 Honda CRF250X

I have also owned the following models
Honda Trail 70
Suzuki DS100
Suzuki DS185
Suzuki TS185
Suzuki TS250
Honda CB650K
Honda CB700SC (6)
Yamaha Vmax (4)
Honda CB750K
Honda XR250L
Buell Blast (Wifes Current bike)
Honda VF500F Interceptor
Suzuki SV650S (Daughters Current bike)

Love to ride, Love to teach

Last edited:

Yamaha566

Reaction score
Visit site
Completely new to this life style of riding, Ive been riding dirt bikes since I was a young kid. Two days ago I purchased my first bike at 17( 2004 FZ6).

Last edited:

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been riding for about 3 years now and only have 7-8K miles of seat time. I just turned 39 today. I always wanted a dirt bike growing up but my parents said Santa Clause could not bring me one.

My first bike was a Honda Shadow 750. I bought it on ebay and traveled a couple hundred miles to pick it up. It had purple blame and I called it the Barney Mobile..lol. I have a very flat neighborhood and taught myself how to ride. I logged around 60 Miles just in my neighborhood before taking it out on the street, with my Learning License of course. After having it for 3-4 months, I realized this was a small bike but with plenty of power. With that in mind, I went out and bought a 04 Honda VTX 1300C. Shortly after, I put myself through Harley Davidson's Course and obtained my License. I've been riding the VTX for over 2 years now and really like it.

When I just had my Learners, a friend of mine who has an 05 FZ6 said jump on my bike and take it out for a ride. Well, all I can say it wow. However, I was like that is a Sport Bike and is the last thing I need. With in the last couple of years, we have road together and have swapped bikes a few times. He rides my Cruiser and I ride his FZ6.

A few weeks ago, I was looking on Craigslist for the fun of it. Well, I came across an 07 FZ6 with less than 2K miles for $4500. It's now in my garage and have been riding it every chance I get. My 04 Honda VTX 1300 C is now on the market, **** 04 Honda VTX 1300 C w/ Extended Warranty!!!!!. I had a very tough time deciding what to keep because they are 2 totally different rides both I like very much.

I'm brand new to the FZ6 and this Forum. I want to continue learning, how to be a better rider. I'm sure this Forum will help me out a lot.

That is my story and I'm sticking too it.....rofl

Old Fart

Reaction score
Visit site
First road bike 1967 triumph tr6-c.First race bike DOT 250 scrambler year ?
after that.
BRIDGESTONE 175 RACER
BULTACO SHERPA S 200
RICKMAN TRIUMPH 650
BSA 250 TRAILS C-15
CHENEY TRIUMPH 500
CHENEY TRIUMPH 250
VARIOUS TRIUMPHS 650,750 twins & 750 TRIDENT
YAMAHA XS 650
YAMAHA SC500 (CONVERTED TO ROAD RACER )
YAMAHA RD 350 ( RACE BIKE )
YAMAHA TX 500 ( RACE BIKE )
BMW /5 750 1973 WITH MANY 900 PARTS ( ENGINE,TRANS,FRONT END & BRAKES
TRIUMPH 750 BONNEVILLE 79
07 FZ6 OLD & SLOW RED
THE BEST PART OF ALL IS ALL THE GOOD PEOPLE I HAVE MIGHT ALONG THE WAY

The Pheasant

Reaction score
Visit site
Age 48, past-it racing cyclist, motorcycle riding 25 years, eight years as London despatch rider, more than 750,000 miles ridden, FZ6-S about bike no. 40, previous mounts include BMW 1100RT; Kawa GPZ900R, Z1000R, 2x GPZ500S, KMX200; Honda Africa Twin, 2x Transalp, 650Bros, XR600, XL185S; Suzuki 650 Katana; Yamaha DT125, XJ650; MZ TS125... (1st new bike)
Experience includes enduro, track days, two-up distance touring, engine rebuilds, limited tuning
M/C injuries: sprained thumb, bruised hip, squashed finger sustained during maintenance
Cycling injuries: too many and varied to list

Soap

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

I'm only 19 this is my second motorbike, the first being a Yamaha R6 on a 2000 plate but I decided too get something more toned down and less aggressive till I get a few years experiance under my belt, not really a big fan of jumping in the deep end but I've survived so far, let's just hope I survive the rest of the journey!

I commute about 80 miles each day, luckily it's only 3 days a week, 20 of these miles being town and country and the rest is motorway so a bit of a variety, I won't really be using the bike for commuting but more so going out and enjoying the world. I'm not a maniac driver or rider so I'm hoping the will pay off a bit compared to some of my friends who think a bike is only to look good and go fast...

Cheers,
Matt.

troyw

Reaction score
Visit site
I started out about 28 years ago on a Honda XR 80 that I almost plowed
into a stockade fence on my first ride. I'm turning 40 this year, and have
since had:
1982 Honda XR 100
1983 Honda XL 185 S
1984 Honda XL 250 R
Kawasaki KLR 600 (can't remember the year)
1976 Honda CB 360 (rat bike...even drag race with Isuzu Trooper!:eek:)
1987 Honda Super Magna (Yeah, first real street bike...FAST)
2001 Yamaha YZF 600 R
1999 Honda Magna VF 750 C
1987 Honda Super Magna (again, yes.)
1999 Honda Magna VF 750 C (AGAIN...YES)
2005 Honda VTX 1800 C2 (awesome, decked out...just too darn heavy)

And now...2008 Yamaha FZ6, bought March 19, 2009...new.

I've done most of the work myself, such as carb tuning, suspension setup,
other misc. chores and maintenance. I had Mike Buras
(bareasschoppers.com) do my valves on the VTX so I could learn it.
I can usually figure stuff out, but I have no formal training. So far on the FZ
I've done the first oil change (early), installed the PC 3 and the Arrow cat
pipe eliminator and am getting ready to install fork springs & oil.

I use my bikes for both pleasure riding and commuting as often as I can.

- Troy W.:thumbup:

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
I started riding motorbikes at the ripe old age of 5 or 6 years old. My dad started me out with an old minibike powered by a 3.5 hp Briggs and Stratton lawn mower engine. The engine had little compression and was basically so worn out, it would stall on anything but the flattest ground. I learned all I could on the minibike and the motor finally got tired of hauling me around and threw it's connecting rod through the crank case in protest.

Bike #2 was my grandfathers old 1974 Honda CL200. My Dad and I rescued it from my grandfathers garage around 1994. My dad and I fixed the bike up, cleaned the carbs and did other various maintenance bits to bring the bike back to riding condition. I was too young to drive the bike on the streets, so I rode countless thousands of miles on my parents 80 acre farm. When I was old enough to obtain my Michigan cycle endorsement, my parents exclaimed "not in our house". I needed transportation, but my parents told me to find a different place to live if I intended on riding the motorcycle on the streets. I ended up selling the CL200 and bought a 1989 Jeep Cherokee instead.

Fast forward to 2003-2004.

I have now finished college and I'm working as a law enforcement officer. I've got my own place and I keep getting the "motorcycle urge" for the lack of a better term. I considered getting a 2004 GSXR 600, but decided against it. I had the money all saved up and ready to go, but I ended up buying a bass boat to satisfy one of my other addictions (fishing, and fast boats).

Between 2004 and 2008, I bought a house, got married and I still had the bike bug.

Bike #3. In May 2008, I could resist no longer. I began looking at dual sport type bikes and spoke with a salesperson at a local Kawi dealer. I checked out the Ninja 250R, but couldn't stomach the pushy salesperson and didn't feel like plopping down $1000 to be put on a waiting list. Instead, I bought a used 2003 Yamaha XT 225. I obtained by Michigan cycle endorsement and put about 2,500 miles on the XT 225 between May and August 2008. I rode that bike everywhere, and did all of my own maintenance. After riding with a few buddies, I realized the XT 225 simply did not have enough power for any long trips, or anything over 55-60 mph.

Bike #4. In August 2008, I negotiated a nice deal on a new 2008 Yamaha FZ6. I traded in my XT 225, and brought the FZ home. Between August and November 2008, I put 2,400 miles on the FZ. I'm looking to take an Advanced MSF class in Spring 2009, and I enjoy learning all I can about motorcycles and riding safely.

I'm currently 28 years old, and I have an estimated 15,000 miles of total riding experience under my belt.

Babylon

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All.

Been riding 32 years, have owned FS1E, DT125E, CJ250, CJ360, CB400F, CB-1, SRX400, CB750F, CB400NA, CM200, CD200, X5 200, RD400E, XR250, XR400, XR650 (did S/Moto conversion on that one), TZR250, TS250ER, TTR600, MZ250ETZ, 550 ZEPHYR, XTX660, FZ400N, GXR750, GSXR600, GP100, CG125, 1200 BANDIT, XJR1300, VFR400NC21, XT225, TT-R250, CBR600FS, CBR600F4, BOATIAN MOPED (BMF moped enduro), CX500, KLR250, Z250, GPZ305, ZX6R, HORNET 600, HORNET 900, VFR800, GS400E, FZ6N, FZ6 S2 and various others which I forget sometimes on account of old age. Passed bike test in 1979. Passed Advanced Class 1 in 1997.

I tend to do routine servicing myself but less of it as the bikes got newer.

bard

Secret Soi Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Lot of interesting riders here, so here I go;

Born 1970 so whatever that age turns out when people read this.

Got license since I was 16 in Norway for light motorbike (100cc at that time) and got my first bike a Suzuki 2 stroke 100cc I don't remember the name. I got hooked and upgraded to full license when I was 18 and ridden ever since on various bikes. The latest bike is now a 2008 FZ6 which I truly like, however my all time favorite was the Kawasaki 750 turbo, other gems were Yamaha RD 350 and Honda CBR 600 RR. I've had numerous bikes, but they meant less to me.

In 1999 I moved to Thailand and never moved back to Europe so due to that I enjoy all year riding.

I ride average 2500 km a month or about 1500 miles a month, and I have no idea how much mileage I got until now.

Crashed 4 times, broken collar bone from car hit me, have been hit twice by cars, and had 2 lowsides.

I work offshore on rotation so I ride all the time when I'm home, do a lot of track time when I'm home. Unless I'm on a tour I do ride on the track as much as I can as I live 15 minutes from one of the top tracks in Thailand, it's dead cheap 20 $ for 1/2 day, weekdays almost empty and race every weekend. Favorite bike on the track is Gixxer 750, but now I ride my fizzer there as well, and it is a cool bike, not a track dedicated weapon as a gixxer but a lot of fun and you can make literbikes sweat in the curves with it easily. The fizzer is mainly for my other passion which is touring, and for that it is probably the best bike I've ever had. Comfy, nimble, enough power and after you ditch the boxes at the hotel, you can rip her on loops in twisties and have extreme fun with it.

Mechanically I was really into it before and used to love it, now I don't do it much anymore as mechanics are to cheap where I live so I tell them what to do instead, back home I modded and tinkered everything myself.

Jedi

Pillion Boy no more!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
Born in '71, didn't really get into bikes until three years ago when I bought a 50cc scooter purely to commute on cheaply. Got the bug, took my CBT and bought a 125cc cruiser which was a LOT more fun! Unfortunately that got written off in a non-fault collision last October, but with the insurance payout I've bought a 2001 Honda NSR which is basically the most fun you can have with your clothes on!

Starfire

Reaction score
Visit site
New to the folder...about 20 min. HA! :rockon: Been riding for 2 years and have about 10K experience. Had a 92 FZR600R and ripped it down to the frame and rebuilt it. Been fixing cars since I can remember. Don't know to much offhand, but I know enough to get myself in trouble. I ride a 2007 FZ6 (blue) with K&N filter, Motovation frame sliders, Givi Monokey cases and a throttlemeister throttle lock. I have had this one since it was new and love it...stock exhaust is to polite though. Switching it out for an Akrapovic or a two brothers in a few weeks. I ride 9 months out of the year and hate my car... a lot.

Cheers

H

her24gl

New to the boards, but thought I'd add my $ 0.02... Forgive my long-winded digression.

First rode a Kawasaki 100 on/off bike that my step father bought for my mother (circa 1977-78). Fortunately for me, Mom wasn't that interested in it, but I sure was. Rode it around the local picnic shelter and cemetary, as I was only about 12-13 at the time, and in PA you can't legally ride the streets until you're 16. I rode that for a few years until they sold it, and didn't ride again for a decade.

Fast forward to 1987/88.... had recently graduated from college, and my first husband-to-be and I took an MSF course to get our licenses. But as we were poor underemployed graduates, we didn't have the money to buy our own.

Fast forward again... to 2000. Yeah, I know... it was a long time. Finally in a fairly stable financial situation, I got the itch to ride again, so I went shopping. Given that it had been a long time since I'd ridden, I was a little cautious about what I wanted. I remember going into the shop (they sold yamaha, suzuki, kawasaki and honda) seeing a goldwing, and thinking... why the heck would anyone ever need a bike that big... hell, it's a car on two wheels!! Anyway, I chose a Honda Shadow ACE 750. Beautiful bike. Rode it and loved it... until I tried making the 39 mile one-way trip to work every day via the interstate. Tried everything to reduce the vibrations to my hands and feet, but they kept going numb. I had the bike for one season, and decided I needed a bigger bike.

Back to the shop I went in June of 2001. Was looking at buying a Valkyrie... something bigger with a trunk and saddle bags to carry all my work stuff, and place to lock up my gear. Did I mention I'm a "safetygirl", and always wear full body armor, full-face helmet, boots and gloves?? Anyway, 2001 was the year Honda re-did their flagship Goldwing, to a much more sporty-looking model to bring in younger riders... and they were successful. My salesman let me test-ride the Valkyrie, and then asked me if I wanted to take a wing for a spin. I felt I shouldn't, as I knew I'd love it, but would not be able to afford it, but I did anyway, and it was AMAZING! Also amazing was the deal he cut me. I couldn't refuse. So, believe it or not, one year after complaining about people riding such huge bikes.... I bought myself a beautiful yellow Goldwing. What a hippocrite, eh?? LOL! At the time, I also had a Honda CRV suv, but when I brought home the Wing, I said, I can't have a 4 cylinder car and a 6 cylinder bike... so I got a bigger SUV. LOL!

I've had the Wing ever since. Put almost 50K miles on it, with most of that coming the first 4 years (in 2004 I moved only 9 miles from work so I'm not racking up the commuting miles as much any more). I've been on road trips to Wisconsin, PA, upstate NY, Atlanta, North and South Carolina. I've even ridden the Dragon pulling my two pups in my trailer. It is MY pride and joy. As I tell people... "Yes, it's mine, Yes, I drive it, and no, I can't pick it up," if it falls totally horizontal, which it's only done once, thank God. I've never wrecked, knock wood, and only laid it over twice - both because I thought the kickstand was down all the way, and it wasn't (but it landed on the highway pegs and I can upright it from there myself). I must say, one of the things I like the most about riding the wing... is when I pull up and guys realize I'm a female. I over heard one guy say to his buddy when I pulled up at a gas station to fill up and took off my helmet, "Hey man, it's a chick!" Had to crack a smile at that one.

Today, I'm 44 years old and am having what I'll call a mid-life crisis of sorts. I couldn't afford a yellow 'vette, so I bought a sport-bike instead. Bought the new FZ6R... in yellow, of course. And yes, I'm keeping the Wing too!

I don't turn my own wrenches. I've found the world's best mechanic... he's been my "wing-man" ever since I bought the wing, and he also does sport-bikes... so he now takes care of both of my "babies". I'm making a list of mods and gathering parts for him on the "R". So, I don't give technical advice, I just offer comments from my experiences, which are limited. I greatly appreciate everyone on here being so welcoming, and helpful. Thank you all for making these boards a great place to learn and share.

Ride smart, ride safe... "stupid hurts."

jcbarr318

Reaction score
Visit site
40 years old, M/C licensed in Louisiana for two years. First bike - Honda Elsinore around age 14. Been riding dirt forever. Anyone remember Hodaka bikes?? When Husq made more than chainsaws??

Lots of street bikes passsed thru the house growing up. Honda 250 Rebel, Yamaha XS1100. Now have a VStar 650 when I'm feeling cruise-y and just picked up an 09 FZ6. Thrilled with it!!

Mostly a commuter. 60 miles round trip daily. Experienced rider but not what I would call a technical rider. I don't push it real hard. No wheelies, no stoppies, no scraping pegs (just yet). Dirt is for playtime, concrete is for the pure joy of riding. For me, anyway.